Windows 10: Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded

Discus and support Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Greetings! This is a problem i think some people might face. My 1 app and 1 game is currently on download and none of them is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KhizarNavaid, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded

Greetings! This is a problem i think some people might face. My 1 app and 1 game is currently on download and none of them is downloading Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded 3d0ba347-cf9b-4bb9-8af7-1237901a377c?upload=true.png Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded 4e00bba1-2cd3-490e-976d-033299876eca?upload=true.png

:)

KhizarNavaid, Apr 4, 2021

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Apr 4, 2021
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded

1. Microsoft Store : Game is not installing, The Game is owned but Install option is faded - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Game

2. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  3. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  4. microsoft store not allowing me to play my owned, and installed, game.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store not allowing me to play my owned, and installed, game.: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 I have regrettably tried to swap my minecraft account to my windows account like it asked me to. Now...
  5. Games on Microsoft Store will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on Microsoft Store will not install: I purchased the Halo Master Chief Collection on the Microsoft Store, but am having trouble installing the game. Whenever I click "Install," it brings up a window to select a hard drive with enough space. Once I select an acceptable hard drive, the window disappears and...
  6. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned: I have a game installed on an old computer. It says "This product is installed" and it allows me to open the game and play it. It also gives me the option to "Buy to own", which I assume would give me full control and allow me to install this game on 10 different devices as I...
  7. Microsoft store not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games: Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and...
  8. Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.: I've been playing Sea of Thieves a game from the Microsoft Store for a while now, but after resetting my PC because of other problems, I can't download the game. The problem is that whenever I tried to press the install button, it just goes gray for a short bit then goes back...
  9. Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store: I'm trying to install Injustice 2 on my PC from the Microsoft Store, which I've already digitally purchased on my xbox account. However, it won't let me install it on my PC when I click the one in my library. But when I type it in the search bar it comes up with the same...
  10. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...