Windows 10: Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

Discus and support Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, So my partner and I just went to play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition multiplayer, which we haven't done for about a month. My partner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DamianSBell, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

Hi all,

So my partner and I just went to play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition multiplayer, which we haven't done for about a month. My partner owns the game purchased previously, NOT on the Game Pass For PC on the hard drive on her laptop NOT external. Never had a problem before but the shortcut on the desktop wouldn't load it for her. Looked at the Microsoft Store, and it said it needed installing. It has essentially uninstalled itself. I tried finding the executable in the folder but nothing in the AoE files I could find so looks like it has indeed uninstalled somehow.

Now we are trying to install it again, but the install stops randomly. The progress bar doesn't increase while the download is taking place, it stays frozen on the same number until the download stops. Then when you tell it to install again, it updates the number which will stay frozen until it stops again and the cycle continues.

Any reason why this has uninstalled itself and why the reinstall process is so buggy? I have my reservations as to if it will actually reinstall once it finally reaches the end which is really annoying and I can't find a way to contact MS directly to resolve.

Thanks for any help guys. Appreciate it.

D

:)

DamianSBell, Mar 28, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

1. Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Game

2. uninstalled Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstalled Microsoft store: Okay so I was trying to fix problem with running game I was listening to help on your page I'm gonna paste link. I was at 7. point and i followed it and i accidentally uninstalled Microsoft store. Then I was trying to install it back using your instructions but it didn't...
  3. uninstalled Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalled Microsoft store: Okay so I was trying to fix problem with running game I was listening to help on your page I'm gonna paste link. I was at 7. point and i followed it and i accidentally uninstalled Microsoft store. Then I was trying to install it back using your instructions but it didn't...
  4. uninstalled Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  6. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  7. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

8. Uninstalling Windows Store Games

Uninstalling Windows Store Games: This is relatively straightforward. I Bought the Game Pass to try out Sea of Thieves and just picked it up in the Steam Sale. Now, uninstalling via the control panel only leads to uninstalling the Steam version of the game and I do not seem to be able to find an uninstall...
  9. Can't uninstall games from Microsoft Store, tried everything.

Can't uninstall games from Microsoft Store, tried everything.: Hey guys, i have been using xbox gamepass pc for some months already and last week when i was uninstalling a game it gave me an error "0x80073cfa" that made it unable to uninstall, after trying a lot of things i tried to uninstall all the games but every game had the same...
  10. Microsoft store uninstalled

Microsoft store uninstalled: Does anyone know how to install the Microsoft store on windows, ive tried using the powershell as admin but I only get a red wall of text everytime I try to give a command. What am i doing wrong here?...