Windows 10: Microsoft Store Game Saves

Discus and support Microsoft Store Game Saves in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I mostly play 'The Tribez', and 'Trade Island'. I was having many problems with games not updating, and apps not installing with the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FalseZen, Feb 21, 2021.

1. FalseZen Win User

Microsoft Store Game Saves

I mostly play 'The Tribez', and 'Trade Island'.

I was having many problems with games not updating, and apps not installing with the Microsoft Store. The dreaded 0x80073D05 error had overtaken almost all my apps.

So I decided to start over fresh by restoring my Windows 10 PC, and just let it uninstall all of my apps. I already have everything important backed up on my external 6tb Seagate Expansion drive.

Before doing this I looked in "C:\Users\mypcname\Saved Games" to back up this data too, but it was empty. I figured it must save games through the cloud, since neither game had any options to link to Facebook or Google Play.

It didn't take long to do this. I was back to re-installing my Windows 10 Microsoft Store games in about two hours. This time every thing installed perfectly, and the dreaded 0x80073D05 error was history.

However, when I went to play both 'The Tribez' and 'Trade Island', it wasn't long before I realized that an option to restore from the cloud was never going to be given! NOOOO!!!

I really wish I had taken then time to write down my support I.D. Of course I had no way of knowing it would ever be needed. I would like to know how I can restore my game saves! I have spent actual money on 'The Tribez', and I would like to continue playing both of them. I have already tried contacting Game Insights. After posting once for each, I was informed that my limit had been reached. It seems that two is the maximum limit for support requests, and they have yet to get back to me. I first contacted them on Friday. Tried again to contact them on Saturday yesterday, no joy. So, now I'm asking here.

Can someone please help me?!?

:)

FalseZen, Feb 21, 2021

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Feb 21, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store Game Saves

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Game Saves

1. Microsoft Store Game Saves - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Game

2. Will my saved sync to the cloud if the game was purchased on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my saved sync to the cloud if the game was purchased on the Microsoft Store?: I am thinking of getting a new laptop, but I don't know if my progress made in "A Plague Tale Requiem" will be synced to the cloud or not. I purchased it through the Microsoft Store on my laptop....
  3. Will my saved sync to the cloud if the game was purchased on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will my saved sync to the cloud if the game was purchased on the Microsoft Store?: I am thinking of getting a new laptop, but I don't know if my progress made in "A Plague Tale Requiem" will be synced to the cloud or not. I purchased it through the Microsoft Store on my laptop....
  4. Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on Microsoft Store: When I click the "get" button on a game say Asphalt, it gets downloaded and installed. Now suppose I uninstall it later. Does this game still take space on my local drive? If so, how do I remove it completely? I go to the Microsoft store and when I go back to that game, it...
  5. microsoft store games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store games: Anyone out there who can help because I'm getting so fed up with this.1. have not been able to access taptiles daily challenges for over 2 months now. Error code 002000 comes up avery time. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling numerous times. I've tried resetting on...
  6. Microsoft Store, save game data problems.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, save game data problems.: Hi, can you help me with one problem in the game? I wanted to replace save game from other users on my The World of War Z on epic games platform i can easly transfer save progresion from other people, but it happened to me that I was going from scratch. I tried back up my...
  7. How to restore instaled games and saves from Microsoft Store?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore instaled games and saves from Microsoft Store?!: I've lost all my saves and instaled games like Asphalt 8 and Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate. I don't knew how it happens. When I instaled again Asphalt 8 there is no my last save game began from the start with non progress. Please help! I paid before for Forza Horizon 4, and...
  8. Game of Microsoft store

Game of Microsoft store: Hello Microsoft corporate service Please keep the Minecraft game free for a limited time to download Because we have no money to pay for it But I'm so eager to enjoy playing with it Microsoft If you like your fans Accept my request Please...
  9. Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive

Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive: I recently purchased a new PC around six months ago. it came with a SSD drive and large hard drive. I downloaded several games such as Forza 3 & 4 and Gears 4 & 5. i saved all these games on the D drive with no issues. Unfortunately last week my SSD failed and had to be...
  10. Microsoft Store Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Games: I downloaded several pc games from my xbox game pass which I no longer have. I decided to uninstall them, and I did, but didn-t see any change on my drive memory capacity, which means, they were not removed at all. I can-t find them anymore on the microsoft store library...