Windows 10: Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Discus and support Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ricardo klaasen, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi!

Thanks for reading.

When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4.

Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time).

Besides that, when i download them on my hdd and try to move them to my ssd, the games also crash or my computer crashes while moving the games.

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?

My system:

Intel Core i7 - 4770K

16GB ram

Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

1060 GTX 6gb

:)

ricardo klaasen, Mar 18, 2019
  2. GJMBrooks Win User

microsoft store install on external SSD

I spent some time with Microsoft support this morning. They told me that they think it is something to do with the SSD not allowing installation from the store. They suggested resetting and then an in-place reset. I'm awaiting the email with instructions.

If you don't mind, what legacy games from the store do you have on your SSD? I'm having an issue with ReCore as well and curious if you have that game and it's running.

GJMBrooks, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

1. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Games

2. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  3. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  4. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD crashed when installing game.: I installed a game called Red Dead Redemption 2 on my SSD and now it crashes and says: "Repairing disk errors. This might take an hour to complete."So I thought it crashes. Though, It is not using full disk usage. On my other drive; HDD, can install this game. So I was...
  5. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD crashed when installing game.: I installed a game called Red Dead Redemption 2 on my SSD and now it crashes and says: "Repairing disk errors. This might take an hour to complete."So I thought it crashes. Though, It is not using full disk usage. On my other drive; HDD, can install this game. So I was...
  6. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft Store Games Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Games Crashing: Does anyone know why games that I install from Microsoft store are crashing??? I just install Forza horizon 4 and can't play it... It is ridiculous that thousands of people are having this problem and that they didn't fix it yet....
  8. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games: Hello, for some reason the microsoft store on my computer started freezing whenever I try to install a game. At first I was just trying to update Sea of Thieves and when I tried to open the downloads and updates tab I'd get stuck with a loading screen. Then I decided to just...
  9. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game: My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for every game), the whole app freezes and nothing works, I have to close and reopen it. At the moment I am unable to install /...
  10. Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD: I wanted to install Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 on SSD but they crashed with black screen and then shut down. Other games such as Origin or Steam work without problem. I tried to download Sea Of Thieves on my HDD and then moved it to the SSD, the games also crashed and...