Windows 10: Microsoft Store Games Crashing

Discus and support Microsoft Store Games Crashing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Does anyone know why games that I install from Microsoft store are crashing??? I just install Forza horizon 4 and can't play it... It is ridiculous... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BenGroff1, Feb 12, 2021.

1. BenGroff1 Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crashing

Does anyone know why games that I install from Microsoft store are crashing??? I just install Forza horizon 4 and can't play it... It is ridiculous that thousands of people are having this problem and that they didn't fix it yet.

:)

BenGroff1, Feb 12, 2021

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store Games Crashing

Windows Store Game Crashes/Won't launch

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why your games are crashing on your PC. Corrupted game components or system files may cause the issue. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter on this
    link. After running the troubleshooter, you may follow the instructions provided or manually check for updates and install all the critical or important updates on this

link

You can also reset the game from the Settings menu to help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that your games and apps are updated on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Games Crashing

1. Microsoft Store Games Crashing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Games

2. Microsoft Store game crashes constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store game crashes constantly: I recently downloaded the Astroneer game from the Microsoft Store and when I try to run it I can see the logo for a second before it disappears, I also have problems with the other games. I ran troubleshooting for Microsoft Store apps, however it did nothing. Resetting the...
  3. Microsoft Store game crashes constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store game crashes constantly: I recently downloaded the Astroneer game from the Microsoft Store and when I try to run it I can see the logo for a second before it disappears, I also have problems with the other games. I ran troubleshooting for Microsoft Store apps, however it did nothing. Resetting the...
  4. Microsoft Store game crashes constantly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Store games crash if Explorer is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store games crash if Explorer is running: Title basically explains my problem. Whenever I try to play Sea of Thieves or Forza Horizon 4 I also have Microsoft Flight Simulator, however, that never seems to crash the games always crash without any warnings or crash notifications or anything. It happens in an instant,...
  6. Store Games Crashing

Store Games Crashing: Recently windows store games are crashing a bit too much.Whenever i get to the load screen of a few it crashes them.But some didn't crash right away like Minecraft works perfectly and the Default games aswell.I have tried WSreset.exe,Re-registering,Re-installing Windows...
  7. Game from Microsoft Store is constantly crashing

Game from Microsoft Store is constantly crashing: I recently downloaded the game Astroneer from Microsoft Store and when I try to run it, I can see the loggo for a second before it dissapears, while other games like candy crush work perfectly fine. I ran troubleshooting for Microsoft Store Apps, however it did not do a...
  8. Microsoft Store Games Crashing/Closing On Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Games Crashing/Closing On Splash Screen: Hello, I am having a problem where certain games that I have installed from the microsoft store are just crashing on the splash screen. Minecraft, Sea of Thievs and Cuphead are a couple of games that are having this problem so far, while Forza Horizon 4 seems to be launching...
  9. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD: Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time). Besides that, when i download them on...
  10. Microsoft store games crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games crashing on launch: Every time I launch games from the Microsoft store such as ARK: Survival Evolved, Forza and Sea of Thieves (The only Microsoft store games I have downloaded on my pc) the games show me this: [IMG]Then they immediately close out as if they never launched. I've updated...