Windows 10: Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading

Discus and support Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to download an app from the microsoft store but whenever I try, it gets stuck at 1% downloading at gives me the error message 0x80246008.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dnsLock, Sep 1, 2022.

1. dnsLock Win User

Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading

I'm trying to download an app from the microsoft store but whenever I try, it gets stuck at 1% downloading at gives me the error message 0x80246008. What do I do? I've tried wsreset, troubleshooting, and reseting but nothing works.

:)

dnsLock, Sep 1, 2022
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows Store App stuck downloading but when refreshed changes amount downloaded.

Hi,

One possible reason why your download is stuck may be due to a corrupted file. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

Method 1: Sign out/sign in

• Open the Windows Store app.
    • Click on the account logo in the upper-right corner of the app, then click on your account name.
    • Click on you account name in the new box, then click Sign out.
    • Click on the icon in the upper-right corner again, then click Sign in and choose your account name again.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

• Click Start, then type wsreset and select wsreset.
    • When the Store app opens, see if your downloads are working.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Sep 1, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 1, 2022
  4. Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading

Nothing ever downloads and installs on Microsoft Store.

Uninstall third-party firewall and antivirus software.

Completely Uninstall Avast software using aswClear.exe:

1. Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
    2. Start Windows in Safe Mode
    3. Open (execute) the uninstall utility
    4. If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
    5. Click REMOVE
    6. Restart your computer

Reset Windows Firewall to find out if the problem resolves.

Sometimes you might be able to fix the problem with Windows Store simply by resetting Windows Update services. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

1. When Command Prompt starts, run the following commands:
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop bits
      • rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start bits
    After doing that, try to start Windows Store again and check if the problem with Windows Store games is still there.

To reset the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10, do the following.

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Apps -> Apps & features.
    • On the right side, look for Microsoft Store and click it.
    • The advanced options link will appear. Click it.
    • On the next page, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store to default settings.

Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Install the latest updates.

Log out of Microsoft Store, according to users, if you’re having issues while downloading Microsoft Store games, you might want to try logging out and logging back in.

Start Microsoft Store.
    Click the user icon in the top right corner and select your account.
    Can't download from Microsoft Store Windows 10
    Click the Sign out button.
    Windows 10 Store not downloading apps
    Select the user icon and choose Sign in from the menu.
    Can't install apps from Windows Store
    Select your account from the list and click Continue.
    Windows Store stuck on downloading
    Enter your password and you’ll be signed in to Microsoft Store again.

After making these changes, check if the problem with Windows Store games is resolved.

If nothing works create new user account to check problem resolves.

FreeBooter, Sep 1, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading

1. Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading - Similar Threads - Microsoft store gets

2. Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download: Hi i wanted to install a app i said "what could be wrong" i clicked download i waited couple hours to download but it didnt i sending a screenshot maybe i get some help?...
  3. Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download: Hi i wanted to install a app i said "what could be wrong" i clicked download i waited couple hours to download but it didnt i sending a screenshot maybe i get some help?...
  4. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install: Hello. I have the same issue as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-are-getting-stuck-at-1/878caca4-9eb6-424e-a485-68a0db7220a0 And nothing helps: can't update neither microsoft store, nor other apps e.g. game bar...
  5. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install

Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install: Hello. I have the same issue as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-are-getting-stuck-at-1/878caca4-9eb6-424e-a485-68a0db7220a0 And nothing helps: can't update neither microsoft store, nor other apps e.g. game bar...
  6. Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading

Microsoft store gets stuck at 1% downloading: I'm trying to download an app from the microsoft store but whenever I try, it gets stuck at 1% downloading at gives me the error message 0x80246008. What do I do? I've tried wsreset, troubleshooting, and reseting but nothing works....
  7. the Microsoft store is downloading and is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the Microsoft store is downloading and is stuck: the Microsoft store and the apps that I downloaded from it and some windows apps like notepad after an update wont open and start downloading but get stuck I tried using wsreset but it did nothing what should I do?...
  8. the Microsoft store is downloading and is stuck

the Microsoft store is downloading and is stuck: the Microsoft store and the apps that I downloaded from it and some windows apps like notepad after an update wont open and start downloading but get stuck I tried using wsreset but it did nothing what should I do?...
  9. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11: Hi, This has been a reoccurring problem since getting this PC in January of this year, however, it's never been this bad and has always managed to fix itself.I have my apps set to auto-update through the store, but they keep hanging at 1% during the download phase. For...
  10. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11

Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11: Hi, This has been a reoccurring problem since getting this PC in January of this year, however, it's never been this bad and has always managed to fix itself.I have my apps set to auto-update through the store, but they keep hanging at 1% during the download phase. For...