Windows 10: Microsoft Store help ! D: drive

Discus and support Microsoft Store help ! D: drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, I have been trying to download a game from the Microsoft Store to my D: drive but it won't allow me. It's giving me the option to install it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JasonMcE, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JasonMcE Win User

Microsoft Store help ! D: drive

Hi there, I have been trying to download a game from the Microsoft Store to my D: drive but it won't allow me. It's giving me the option to install it on my C: drive but I do not want this as I have insufficient storage. Can someone help ?

:)

JasonMcE, Jan 13, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (DMicrosoft Store help ! D: drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DMicrosoft Store help ! D: drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store help ! D: drive

help drive D

Hi Zahotti,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

--Have you tried updating the drivers for the DVD driver?

I would suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press the ‘Windows + Q’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search box and choose Troubleshooting.
    • Click Hardware and Sound and run the Hardware and device troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If that does not help, I would suggest you to update the DVD drive from manufacturer's website.

Link: Toshiba CD / DVD Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store help ! D: drive

1. Microsoft Store help ! D: drive - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store help

2. What to store on my D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to store on my D Drive: I have 1.3 out of 1.5 terrabites free on my D Drive.What can/ should be safely stored on there and what is the most effiecient way of transfering the things that can be safely stored there...
  3. What to store on my D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to store on my D Drive: I have 1.3 out of 1.5 terrabites free on my D Drive.What can/ should be safely stored on there and what is the most effiecient way of transfering the things that can be safely stored there...
  4. My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.: So i was playing a game, then suddenly the game crashed, and my d drive is missing. i've went to the disk management and rescan the disks but it still didnt work. but sometimes when i turn off my computer and turning it back on not restart, it reappeared. and when i try to...
  5. Windows/Microsoft Store wont recognized my D: drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/Microsoft Store wont recognized my D: drive.: I'm trying to download some of my Microsoft games on my internal hard drive, but Windows won't recognize my D: drive. It is recognized by all my other applications Steam, Origin, etc, but won't appear in windows. Any way to fix this?...
  6. Windows/Microsoft Store wont recognized my D: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows/Microsoft Store wont recognized my D: drive.: I'm trying to download some of my Microsoft games on my internal hard drive, but Windows won't recognize my D: drive. It is recognized by all my other applications Steam, Origin, etc, but won't appear in windows. Any way to fix this?...
  7. Install Store Apps on D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Store Apps on D drive: I have a 256 GB SSDC Drive which is low on space and I want to install The apps on my HDDD DriveI changed the preference to D drive in setting>storage>change where new content is saved .But while installing store apps I got this errorPls help me as I dont have much space in...
  8. Help! ~deleting D drive!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! ~deleting D drive!: Hello r/Windows10, I'm going to delete my D drive partition because I have no use for it, however there are somethings on the drive I cant delete. How can I delete them (or move them). The folders I can't delete are: WpSystem WindowsApps Video Products Thanks in...
  9. Trying to install a game onto my D drive from Microsoft Store... need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install a game onto my D drive from Microsoft Store... need help!: [ATTACH] I've been trying to install a game I bought a while ago on the Microsoft Store. The install button doesn't work when I select my D drive even though I have enough space, but I've heard that there's a fix for that in the settings. However, when I go to do this,...
  10. Microsoft store no downloading games on my d drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store no downloading games on my d drive: when i try downloading sea of thieves on my D drive i click install but it doesn't do anything and there is enough space but when i change it to my c and e drive it works but my c doesn't have enough space but it still works and i had this issue with ark survival evolved as...