Windows 10: Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

Discus and support Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As soon as I connected to Wi-Fi, wsappx started using a bunch of CPU and network bandwidth. I opened the Microsoft Store, and went to the Downloads and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stargate38, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

As soon as I connected to Wi-Fi, wsappx started using a bunch of CPU and network bandwidth. I opened the Microsoft Store, and went to the Downloads and Updates. It was updating some of my apps, even though I disabled Update Apps Automatically under the settings. I even checked under Settings/Privacy/Background Apps, and the Store was disabled there. I have Windows 10 1909 64-bit, build 18363.720.

submitted by /u/Stargate38
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stargate38, Mar 23, 2020
  2. bo elam Win User

Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store  

Hi Shawn, I have no use for Universal Windows Apps. And I dont have a Microsoft account. When I open Store and look for Settings to disable Apps from updating automatically from there, I don't find Settings. I guess the account is needed for having access to Settings from within Store?

So, despite not using a MS account, can I use Option 3, Steps 4 and 3 to turn Off or back On Apps automatic updates?

I uninstalled all Apps that Microsoft "don't mind" we uninstall but left the rest alone. I can ignore them but would love to stop their updates. I can tell when they are updating, and see errors (number 37) in Windows Events Log that the updates generates. Does this error goes away by Turning off Apps updates? And, is disabling Apps from updating automatically going to generate another error in Event Log?

Thanks *Cool

Bo

bo elam, Mar 23, 2020
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

1. Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store ignoring

2. Microsoft Store automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store automatic updates: Hi everyone, I was installing some updates on Microsoft Store and accidentally closed the Store a few times - I'm worried now that any updates to apps it was doing will be faulty. I note that when I re-opened the Microsoft Store a while later all the updates had been...
  3. Microsoft Store automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store automatic updates: Hi everyone, I was installing some updates on Microsoft Store and accidentally closed the Store a few times - I'm worried now that any updates to apps it was doing will be faulty. I note that when I re-opened the Microsoft Store a while later all the updates had been...
  4. Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically: A few months ago I downloaded Halo: The Master Cheif Collection using my gamepass on Microsoft Store. While downloading it showed an error, I clicked retry many times but it did not work, so I left it. After a few hours I saw the game installed in my computer. After a few...
  5. Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically

Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically: A few months ago I downloaded Halo: The Master Cheif Collection using my gamepass on Microsoft Store. While downloading it showed an error, I clicked retry many times but it did not work, so I left it. After a few hours I saw the game installed in my computer. After a few...
  6. “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out: I am the only account, and therefore administrator, of this machine. I've managed to enable this feature using a registry tweak, but I don't think it's working since I just had to update Windows Camera manually. What should I do? Thank you. Edition Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Store apps not updating automatically

Store apps not updating automatically: Hello all, I know there are a few threads on this forum on this very subject. However, my case seems to be different. In my case, I do not see errors, just that updates are available but they do not start automatically. If I hit "update all", everything works as it should....
  8. Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft offers settings that can automatically update apps. It makes sure you are always on the latest version with fewer bugs. However, at times you […] This article Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. GET OPTION IN MICROSOFT APP STORE IS NOT WORKING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    GET OPTION IN MICROSOFT APP STORE IS NOT WORKING: hi I found it recently after updating the windows os ,I use in different apps ,but it is not woking anybody have a solution for it ,give a reply plsss...
  10. Store Apps do not update automatically

Store Apps do not update automatically: I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has...