Windows 10: Microsoft Store install button greyed out

Discus and support Microsoft Store install button greyed out in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently purchased the Xbox gamepass for PC, and during my installation of several games ran into a problem. On attempting to install Metro Exodus,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Aegis270, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Aegis270 Win User

Microsoft Store install button greyed out

I recently purchased the Xbox gamepass for PC, and during my installation of several games ran into a problem. On attempting to install Metro Exodus, the install seemed to fail without giving me an error code, and now the install bar is greyed out and nothing happens when it is pressed.

I have managed to install games before and since this has happened without issue, and a friend on mine had no problem with Metro, but an identical problem with Astroneers, a game I downloaded perfectly fine.

I am on Windows 10 Home, version 1809

I have tried:

Restarting my computer.

Disabling and re-enabling my VPN.

Signing out and then into the store again.

Same as above but with a restart in between.

Signing out and then attempting to "get" the program, however no "get" button appeared and it seemed to be allowing me to buy it.

Using MSReset.exe, which produced a CMD window where nothing happened.

Troubleshooting the Windows Store app through the Windows Troubleshooter, no results.

Disabling Windows Defender's Antivirus.

Reinstalling the store via Powershell

Resetting the software distribution folder via these methods: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/microsoft-store-button-grayed-out/d3bbac35-d230-4928-a4d3-b08358828dca?auth=1

Note that "rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore" gave a path not found error, and "rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" gave a directory not empty error

All of those methods have produced no change. I am still able to download other games included in the Pass, but not Metro Exodus. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Aegis270, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Install Button on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Based on your post about no install button on Microsoft Store, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Does this issue happen only on that particular app only?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried checking other apps if they don't have install button also?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Anup Karkal on this

link
    and check if it will work.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Windows store installation button greyed out

Hello

When I updated my ASUS Tranformer Book from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home, I wanted to install certain apps. Some of them didn't work at first because of an error. Then I decided to try to install Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but the button was greyed out for unknown reasons. My tablet has got a x64 processor but works on a x32 OS. The game requires only x64 processor according to the specs on the store.

Thanks already for responding

DeltaUnit38, Jun 13, 2019
  4. nvaneck Win User

Store auto update button greyed out

Just updated laptop to windows 10 home. Store auto update button greyed out--says contact administrator. There is no other account on this machine except one admin account, and the sign on is with a Microsoft account. Seems to be no way to add any other admin account or sign on any other way.

What's going on here?

nvaneck, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store install button greyed out - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store install

2. Microsoft Store button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store button greyed out: Not a question, but a solution. I forget the user's name, but he had the same issue as me. MS 'GET' button is greyed out and other functionality of MS programs, like the Xbox app, were not launching. Uninstalled and couldn't reinstall. Windows 10 and 64 bit OSI fixed this...
  3. Microsoft Store button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store button greyed out: Not a question, but a solution. I forget the user's name, but he had the same issue as me. MS 'GET' button is greyed out and other functionality of MS programs, like the Xbox app, were not launching. Uninstalled and couldn't reinstall. Windows 10 and 64 bit OSI fixed this...
  4. Microsoft Store button greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store install button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store install button greyed out: One day I tried opening Minecraft Launcher and I got an error saying to check Microsoft store for more info, when I opened it nothing happened so I uninstalled Minecraft. When I tried installing again, button gets greyed out and nothing happens. I have had this issue for...
  6. Microsoft store install button greyed out

Microsoft store install button greyed out: One day I tried opening Minecraft Launcher and I got an error saying to check Microsoft store for more info, when I opened it nothing happened so I uninstalled Minecraft. When I tried installing again, button gets greyed out and nothing happens. I have had this issue for...
  7. Microsoft store install button greyed out

8. Microsoft Store "Install" button greyed out on certain games

Microsoft Store "Install" button greyed out on certain games: Hello, I recently have purchased a Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription and I have found that when I attempt to download a couple certain games (Such as Prey, Surviving Mars, and Metro Exodus) the install button is greyed out and doesn't let me click on it, but for other...
  9. Microsoft Store install button greyed out *SOLVED*

Microsoft Store install button greyed out *SOLVED*: SOLVED: Updating to the newest version of Windows (linked below) seems to have resolved the issue. Hopefully someone else find this helpful I recently purchased the Xbox gamepass for PC, and during my installation of several games ran into a problem. On attempting to...
  10. Windows store installation button greyed out

Windows store installation button greyed out: Hello When I updated my ASUS Tranformer Book from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home, I wanted to install certain apps. Some of them didn't work at first because of an error. Then I decided to try to install Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but the button was greyed out for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store install button greyed out

2. microsoft store install greyed out

3. xbox game pass install greyed out

4. xbox game pass pc soem games the install is greyed out,
  5. xbox game pass pc install greyed out,
  6. windows store install grayed out,
  7. microsoft store install button grayed out,
  8. windows store install greyed out,
  9. xbox game pass pc instal button greyed out,
  10. microsoft store icloud install greyed out,
  11. gamepass intall grayed out,