Windows 10: Microsoft Store install error

Discus and support Microsoft Store install error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my taskbar, Microsoft store is grey and there's a !, Please help. This is an image what I meanWhen I click it, nothing happened.I'm on the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JingPu612, May 10, 2021.

1. JingPu612 Win User

Microsoft Store install error

On my taskbar, Microsoft store is grey and there's a !, Please help. This is an image what I meanWhen I click it, nothing happened.I'm on the latest version of Windows 20H2

:)

JingPu612, May 10, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 10, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, May 10, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store install error

Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store install error

1. Microsoft Store install error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store install

2. Install error in Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install error in Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install the official Minecraft Launcher and some other apps and it just gives me an error:On the main pages of the apps the install button is just blocked, like with Xbox on this screenshot:I am confused and don't even know what to do with it now. Maybe it has...
  3. Install error in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install error in Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install the official Minecraft Launcher and some other apps and it just gives me an error:On the main pages of the apps the install button is just blocked, like with Xbox on this screenshot:I am confused and don't even know what to do with it now. Maybe it has...
  4. Install error in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store installation error

Microsoft store installation error: well, i cannot install or update any app on my computer. used a repair tool and it detected svchost.exe crash. OS is Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-installation-error/b2e22cd1-7474-4752-ab36-1ca8b5a4adca
  6. Microsoft store installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store installation error: well, i cannot install or update any app on my computer. used a repair tool and it detected svchost.exe crash. OS is Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-installation-error/b2e22cd1-7474-4752-ab36-1ca8b5a4adca
  7. Microsoft store install error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store install error: So recently I've been trying to install the Minecraft launcher on the Microsoft Store but every time I install it, it begins the download but stops shortly after with an error message saying Error Code: 0x80070005. So I thought it was only for this app so I tried downloading...
  8. Microsoft store install error

Microsoft store install error: So recently I've been trying to install the Minecraft launcher on the Microsoft Store but every time I install it, it begins the download but stops shortly after with an error message saying Error Code: 0x80070005. So I thought it was only for this app so I tried downloading...
  9. Microsoft Store instalation error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store instalation error: I have been trying to install an application but every time the app is about to finish an error apears, I have reset and uninstalled and reinstalled the microsoft store and same thing happens any solution to this?...
  10. Microsoft Store Installing Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Installing Error: Hello, recently i have been tring to install Sea Of Theives from the Microsoft Store however i have been getting the same error message that reads 'Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings. Code:...