Windows 10: microsoft store install issues

Discus and support microsoft store install issues in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So when I open the microsoft store, click a game I would like to download, it gives me an option to download to my ssd c drive or my external hdd g... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kekqzy, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Kekqzy Win User

microsoft store install issues

So when I open the microsoft store, click a game I would like to download, it gives me an option to download to my ssd c drive or my external hdd g drive. I was trying to install sea of thieves and forza horizon 4, I go on the games, change the install drive to my g drive which is the drive with all my games on it, and then click install. Nothing happens, I can click install as many times as I want but literally nothing happens. It doesn't give me an error or anything I just click install and nothing. I have been trying to fix it for the past few days and have run out of options, I had this issue in the past and something had fixed it but not sure what. I have went to many forums and many youtube videos and have tried literally everything besides reinstalling windows because I just recently reinstalled windows a few days ago, and then next day I have this issue again. I have tried wsreset, reinstalling the microsoft store, reinstalling all the microsoft store apps, deleting any old microsoft store files off my g drive and trying again, non of which have worked. A fix would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Kekqzy, Nov 17, 2020

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Issues with Microsoft Store.

Hello,

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you referring to a credit/debit card or a Microsoft gift card?
    2. Are you facing issue while adding a card or while making a payment through the card?
    3. What exactly happens when you try to use the card?
    4. Are you receiving any error messages?

If you’re having trouble buying something from Microsoft Store, here are some basic steps that you can try to get things working again. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot problems when paying for something from Microsoft Store.

For additional information, you may also refer the article on
    Microsoft Store help and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Sandeep_KM, Nov 17, 2020
  4. microsoft store install issues

Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft
    Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Aditya_Roy, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

microsoft store install issues

1. microsoft store install issues - Similar Threads - microsoft store install

2. Particular issues with Microsoft Store can't install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Particular issues with Microsoft Store can't install: Hi there. I can't install any apps. I detected this problem when trying to install HP Smart, because I can't connect wirelessly to an HP printer without it. Here are the main issues: The whole performance of the Microsoft Store app is ropey. It often freezes...
  3. Microsoft Store game installation issue

Microsoft Store game installation issue: Hello, I'm having an issue with installing games on the Microsoft Store, I go and click install on the game that I wanted to install and it will ask me to change storage devices since my main one is full, so I switch it to my D: Drive which has plenty of space, I then go...
  4. SOT Microsoft Store install issues.

SOT Microsoft Store install issues.: I already own the game and am trying to reinstall it again. When i try to download it via the Microsoft Store on either my C or D drive D has more space, it won't let me download it on that drive. I have tried the wsreset trick and there is no fix. The Install button is there...
  5. Microsoft app store apps install issue

Microsoft app store apps install issue: In Microsoft store i clicked the GET button for downloading the apps but i cannot able to download. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-store-apps-install-issue/04e3f4c0-a1bf-4747-bb3e-c22468914b0e"
  6. microsoft app store install issue

microsoft app store install issue: In Microsoft store i clicked the GET button for downloading the apps but i cannot able to download. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-store-install-issue/04e3f4c0-a1bf-4747-bb3e-c22468914b0e"
  7. Microsoft Store Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Installation Issues: I signed into my account on my computer, purchased a game and attempted to install it, despite having everything the installation stuff requires I'm greeted with this image again and again, I tried to restart the store itself, restart my computer and nothing worked, please...
  8. Microsoft store update/install issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store update/install issue: when I tried to install or update apps this pop up. I tried to do what it told me It still doesn't work [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-updateinstall-issue/a048ead2-a3aa-4339-ae8f-4a30c4170331
  9. Issue with Microsoft Store app installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Microsoft Store app installation: My laptop is Surface pro 6, I use Windows 10 Pro and I cannot install the app “Amazon Video UK” with receiving the message “It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account”....
  10. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...