Windows 10: Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted

Discus and support Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got two laptops, both with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (May 2020 Update) installed on them. One of them has a problem with the "Install on my devices"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MEA707, Oct 13, 2020.

1. MEA707 Win User

Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted

I've got two laptops, both with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (May 2020 Update) installed on them.

One of them has a problem with the "Install on my devices" drop down in the Microsoft Store where the window opens and just keeps spinning forever. The other laptop has no problems and instantly sees both laptops. Both are logged into the same Microsoft Account.

I've tried resetting the Microsoft Store and using PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall it. I ran the troubleshooter and that was of no help either.

Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted [​IMG]

Running WSreset.exe fixed it once, but the problem returned the next time I opened the Microsoft Store.

Any other ideas how to fix this?

:)

MEA707, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted

Device not found in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the app that you are unable to install?
    • What is the exact error message/code that you get when trying to install the app?

Meanwhile, we can try a few steps and check.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Reset Microsoft Store

Refer the steps in this article: Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted

1. Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Install

2. microsoft store broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store broken: I can't check for updates and can't install any app it keeps loading forever please fix this I think it happened after the store update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-broken/9b4d04d0-015b-434d-8404-202acafd3b2b
  3. Microsoft store broken

Microsoft store broken: Hello so I haven't been on my pc in a while even tho it's all updated and should be fine my Microsoft store keeps opening and over clicking everything I do, I tried to end the task with administrator but I can't even click it because for some reason the store is constantly...
  4. Is the Microsoft Store broken?

Is the Microsoft Store broken?: I got a new laptop today my older one broke and so far everything has been fine, except for the Microsoft Store. It has been opening randomly and attempting to load something. It has yet to load such thing. The laptop is not slow, I have good WIFI and this laptop has a good...
  5. Microsoft Store is broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is broken: For 2 days, there is a download bar next to Microsoft Store in the Start menu, every time you open it, nothing happens. Because of this, I am unable to update and download any of the apps from the Store....
  6. Microsoft Store Is Broken

Microsoft Store Is Broken: Hi, so my Microsoft store along with many other apps in the Microsoft store such as paint 3d, camera, photos all don't work. When I try to Launch the Microsoft store nothing pops up. However, whenever I try to launch an app from the Microsoft store it prompts me with a...
  7. Microsoft store is BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store is BROKEN: I have literally been updating Minecraft for 30 minutes and it hasn't even STARTED. I tried signing in and out, I tried restarting the computer, but NITHING HAS CHANGED. I AM SO SICK OF THIS AND THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE TRIED TO UPDATE MINECRAFT....
  8. broken microsoft store

broken microsoft store: hello I've run into yet another bug and I've seen something similar to this but this is obviously more sophisticated than normal install glitches when you get an app saying it's downloading something when it's really not I've already run power shell force reset cache and...
  9. My Microsoft Store is broken.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Microsoft Store is broken.: I bought Forza Horizon 3 and it just won't download (like any other app). Its always "In Queue" or it says "starting download" but nothing happens. Sometimes the store just crashed when i tried to install something. I also noticed, that i can only start the download for the...
  10. Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted

Microsoft Store "Install on my devices" broken/corrupted: I've got two laptops, both with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (May 2020 Update) installed on them. One of them has a problem with the "Install on my devices" drop down in the Microsoft Store where the window opens and just keeps spinning forever. The other laptop has no problems and...