Windows 10: Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

Discus and support Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by christianvtapia, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared. Indeed, it no longer appears under 'Apps and Features' so I attempted running Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}to no avail. I rececived several errors involving a WindowsClient which apparently was currently in use. I also tried running WSR

:)

christianvtapia, Apr 3, 2022

2. Microsoft Store missing and broken Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing :(

Like maybe update the OS, very old windows version you have.

Run SFC /scannow to fix missing files from command prompt

sdowney717, Apr 3, 2022
  3. kin2son Win User
    Microsoft Store missing and broken Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing :(

Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist...

Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709).

Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder, deleted a few folders in there....

I ran a few commands in powershell and after that the store icon is broken nor it will launch.

I then try "resetting" the store in "Add/remove program" -> Windows Store and now the icon is completely gone from the start menu.

Long story short when I try to reinstall the store by running -

"Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

in powershell admin I am getting the below error (Sorry for the horrible screen cap)

Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing [​IMG]

As you can see there are 2 errors. I know the AppXManifest.xml file is in there, yet it keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified.

Is there any suggestion how I can revive the store? I really hope that I don't need to rebuild the whole machine. Thanks heaps!

kin2son, Apr 3, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

Microsoft Store Broken

My build is 19044.1288 (preview builds are not applied).

As you can see:

- the Store is fine.

Here's my recent update history:

Suggest you review yours and consider uninstalling any preview updates, for example, if indeed the problem is caused by one.

You can then install updates in turn - the Control Panel, Program and Features view is most helpful there - and see if the Store works again.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

1. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Broken

2. Microsoft store broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store broken: Hello so I haven't been on my pc in a while even tho it's all updated and should be fine my Microsoft store keeps opening and over clicking everything I do, I tried to end the task with administrator but I can't even click it because for some reason the store is constantly...
  3. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing: I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared....
  4. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing: I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared....
  5. Microsoft store is BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store is BROKEN: I have literally been updating Minecraft for 30 minutes and it hasn't even STARTED. I tried signing in and out, I tried restarting the computer, but NITHING HAS CHANGED. I AM SO SICK OF THIS AND THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE TRIED TO UPDATE MINECRAFT....
  6. broken microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    broken microsoft store: hello I've run into yet another bug and I've seen something similar to this but this is obviously more sophisticated than normal install glitches when you get an app saying it's downloading something when it's really not I've already run power shell force reset cache and...
  7. Broken/Missing Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Broken/Missing Microsoft Store: Desperately need help. Recently I have brought a game of the Microsoft Store. But it wasn't downloading, hence I went into Apps and Features in setting and press reset on the Microsoft Store. Now my Microsoft Store does not show up in Apps and Features. I have tried fixing it...
  8. Microsoft Store missing and broken :(

Microsoft Store missing and broken :(: Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist... Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709). Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program...
  9. Windows Store missing/broken

Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...
  10. Windows Store missing/broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...