Windows 10: Microsoft Store is completely broken

Discus and support Microsoft Store is completely broken in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've had the game pass for 2 months but the Microsoft Store stopped working about 1.5 months ago which made me reinstall the xbox app but since then... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RG Ghostsniper, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store is completely broken

I've had the game pass for 2 months but the Microsoft Store stopped working about 1.5 months ago which made me reinstall the xbox app but since then all apps have crashed when trying to initially install it. I've tried reset commands in the console, resetting the store cache, uninstalling the microsoft store, running the troubleshooter error 0x80080005 pretty much everything. Really my only frustration is not being able to play the one game I bought the game pass for and since then I've managed to install it somehow through the storenot the xbox app but still- It will not even attempt to r

:)

RG Ghostsniper, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

Read more: Microsoft takes a step towards completion

Brink, Sep 1, 2021
  3. kin2son Win User
    Microsoft Store missing and broken Microsoft Store is completely broken :(

Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist...

Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709).

Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder, deleted a few folders in there....

I ran a few commands in powershell and after that the store icon is broken nor it will launch.

I then try "resetting" the store in "Add/remove program" -> Windows Store and now the icon is completely gone from the start menu.

Long story short when I try to reinstall the store by running -

"Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

in powershell admin I am getting the below error (Sorry for the horrible screen cap)

Microsoft Store is completely broken [​IMG]

As you can see there are 2 errors. I know the AppXManifest.xml file is in there, yet it keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified.

Is there any suggestion how I can revive the store? I really hope that I don't need to rebuild the whole machine. Thanks heaps!

kin2son, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store is completely broken

MS Store completely BROKEN!

Re-registered my MS Store and sjehzahz! It worked man!

Microsoft Store is completely broken [​IMG]

Cleared the cache did nuttin' atoll!

RingTailCoon, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store is completely broken

1. Microsoft Store is completely broken - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store completely

2. Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10: I tried reinstalling windows 4 times already, I tried anything I could find on the internet.. still it doesn't work. Any app I try to install from the Microsoft Store, I get the following message: "The thing you're looking for isn't here. We probably don't have it, but just...
  3. XBOX app and Microsoft Store completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX app and Microsoft Store completely broken: So I noticed my Xbox app is refusing to let me sign in denying me access to my games. Additionally, it is unable to load anything. I attempted to update the app via the Microsoft store only for the store to say that the page cannot be loaded with error Code: 0x80131500. I...
  4. XBOX app and Microsoft Store completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX app and Microsoft Store completely broken: So I noticed my Xbox app is refusing to let me sign in denying me access to my games. Additionally, it is unable to load anything. I attempted to update the app via the Microsoft store only for the store to say that the page cannot be loaded with error Code: 0x80131500. I...
  5. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  6. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  7. MS Store completely BROKEN!

MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  8. MS Store completely BROKEN!

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  9. Windows Store Completely Broken

Windows Store Completely Broken: Hi, my Microsoft Store is completely broken. I am running on Version 20H2 Build 19042.867 and my Microsoft store seems to have been completely deleted. If I type it in start, it shows up, but when I click on it, it does not open. When I go to “Add or remove programs” in...
  10. Store is completely broken

Store is completely broken: All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes...