Windows 10: Microsoft Store is missing and will not open. Photos App does not have a Default Program...

Discus and support Microsoft Store is missing and will not open. Photos App does not have a Default Program... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Constant issues with Applications opening and crashing. The Microsoft Store App is missing and will not open in Windows. The Photos App does not have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Will Fergus, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store is missing and will not open. Photos App does not have a Default Program...

Constant issues with Applications opening and crashing. The Microsoft Store App is missing and will not open in Windows. The Photos App does not have a Default Program that will allow jpg photos to be reviewed.

:)

Will Fergus, Apr 5, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Microsoft Store is missing and will not open.  Photos App does not have a Default Program... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 5, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store is missing and will not open. Photos App does not have a Default Program...

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store is missing and will not open. Photos App does not have a Default Program...

1. Microsoft Store is missing and will not open. Photos App does not have a Default Program... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store missing

2. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  3. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  4. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi, I had to do a total reset of my laptop and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list. I have done a search here and tried the troubleshooting...
  6. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  7. Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open

Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open: Microsoft Store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open. I've tried everything. Literally everything from all the resets to the PowerShell yet nothing works and it stays greyed out. What do I do to fix this because it doesn't let me import anything from my phone and camera into...
  8. Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch: I have 2 x Windows 10 system. Both recently unable to open any jpg file, error show "Package could not be registered". I have done the below steps but still can't find Photos installed. - run wsreset.exe - reset Microsoft Photo - re-registered Microsoft Photo via...
  9. open with in app default programs

open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  10. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Support
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...