Windows 10: Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is.

Discus and support Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The microsoft store continually asks me for a password to an email that i do not have a windows account with. Even when Im logged in with my correct... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Slawth, May 27, 2020.

1. Slawth Win User

Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is.

The microsoft store continually asks me for a password to an email that i do not have a windows account with. Even when Im logged in with my correct account it still uses the wrong email in verification/security checks. I do own/have access to this email. But i dont understand why its trying to have me log in with it or why it shows up at all.

Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is. db3b89bf-7f69-4d02-9452-d232a45cf1cb?upload=true.jpg

:)

Slawth, May 27, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 27, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, May 27, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

request to sync deleted email account

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Are you receiving these emails from Microsoft?
    2. Is your Windows 10 associated with this email account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with the email account that is deleted to check if you are able to login and if the account is still active under Microsoft.

If you are able to login with your account and you wish to close the Microsoft account, you can follow the steps in this article on ‘How
    to close your Microsoft account
    ’ and see if it helps.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store using

2. Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account: I am using Windows 11 Home edition. I tried adding a new login user ID. The user ID is a Microsoft Outlook/Live account. After adding the new user, the system prompted that I must be connected to the internet for first time login.I have tried using both wired internet and...
  3. Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to Windows 11 using different Microsoft Account: I am using Windows 11 Home edition. I tried adding a new login user ID. The user ID is a Microsoft Outlook/Live account. After adding the new user, the system prompted that I must be connected to the internet for first time login.I have tried using both wired internet and...
  4. Email used with more than one account

Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  5. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  6. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

10. use different email in Microsoft account than what was used when I activated windows with.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    use different email in Microsoft account than what was used when I activated windows with.: my father had given his email to the person who activated and linked the widows 10 and Microsoft officeactivated to my fathers email. But as I use the computer daily, is there any way through which I can transfer the activated services like Windows 10 and Microsoft office...