Windows 10: Microsoft Store is using wrong email address to verify my identity when making a purchase

Discus and support Microsoft Store is using wrong email address to verify my identity when making a purchase in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I changed the email address for my Microsoft account, and I am browsing the Microsoft Store under the new email address. Yet when I go to make a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rachelise, Jul 2, 2020.

1. rachelise Win User

Microsoft Store is using wrong email address to verify my identity when making a purchase

I changed the email address for my Microsoft account, and I am browsing the Microsoft Store under the new email address. Yet when I go to make a purchase, the password verification window that pops up shows the old email address, and when I go to type in the password, it comes back as incorrect even though I typed it correctly. I tried to change the preferences so that I would not have to enter the password when I make a purchase in the store, but the same window pops up when I try to make even that change. There is no way to change the email address in the pop-up window.

:)

rachelise, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Purchased game from wrong Email Address

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have purchased Sea of Thieves from the wrong email address. Since the issue is related to Store, I suggest you to get in touch with the

Microsoft Store support team
    and request for a refund.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Verifying Email Address

Hi,

Verifying your email is one of the factors to make your account secure and also make sure that you are the owner of it. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask if do you have new registered email?

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . You can recover your account and let you ask for your active email address.

Let us know if this works for you and if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Hancock1 Win User

Microsoft Store is using wrong email address to verify my identity when making a purchase

Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address

Thanks a lot Pedro, for all you help and patience.

As you can see in my first screenshot the email BBB @ gmail.com is not listed in the "Manage How You Sign In To Microsoft". Only email address listed is AAA @ outlook.com , the BBB @ gmail.com is not listed over there at all and therefore can not be
    deleted :-(

Hans

Hancock1, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store is using wrong email address to verify my identity when making a purchase - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store using

2. Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!: I am entering the correct Microsoft Password when making a purchase in Microsoft Store, but it is telling me, that it is incorrect! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-purchase-in-microsoft-store/d5a0b7d1-2c15-4c8f-a8b4-ad62c0b9d07a
  3. Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!: I am entering the correct Microsoft Password when making a purchase in Microsoft Store, but it is telling me, that it is incorrect! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-purchase-in-microsoft-store/d5a0b7d1-2c15-4c8f-a8b4-ad62c0b9d07a
  4. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  5. Can’t verify account, used the wrong email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t verify account, used the wrong email: Hello! I have been having some issues with my ACER laptop and to fix it I would have to restart but just recently found out I used the incorrect email a totals strangers email to be exact from when I first was setting up my laptop which I didnt know until I had to verify...
  6. Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine: When I log in to Microsoft, I get a Verify Your Identity screen. The first line is an email address that's not mine "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***." That's definitely not me. The 2nd line is my correct last two digits of my phone number. I think someone hacked...
  7. Verify your identity email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your identity email: So I was trying to log in to my windows account from a new tablet. I forgot my password and when I tried to reset it, where it says "Verify your identity" it trying to send a verification code to an email that I've never heard of. So i got on my phone where my password is...
  8. I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has...

I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has...: I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has a typo and I am unable to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-verify-my-microsoft-account-but-the/3b08ebe5-0ecb-4544-9155-1f57a702dc42"
  9. Purchased game from wrong Email Address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased game from wrong Email Address: I wanted to buy a game called Sea Of Thieves for a friend, cause it was his birthday and he was interested in it, but I've baught the game for the wrong Email. --- Moved from Dutch forum --- ***Modified title from: Baught game for wrong Email adress***...
  10. Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address

Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address: Good afternoon all, On my Microsoft account I have the following "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" [ATTACH] And below my "Your Info" page. [ATTACH] Now how the heck do I change *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for...