Windows 10: Microsoft Store Issues - Sea of Thieves and Flight Simulator

Discus and support Microsoft Store Issues - Sea of Thieves and Flight Simulator in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store. When I buy games either in the store or in Steam as long as it's tied to Microsoft it won't launch. I've... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ShinyCA, Apr 9, 2021.

1. ShinyCA Win User

Microsoft Store Issues - Sea of Thieves and Flight Simulator

I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store. When I buy games either in the store or in Steam as long as it's tied to Microsoft it won't launch. I've only been able to get Sea of Thieves to launch after doing a "wsreset" in administrator and directly after the restart and only using the version downloaded via the Microsoft Store. If I start Steam it cancels everything and I have to do a wsreset again and restart. Flight Simulator didn't work at all and I had to refund it after a day of trying. This is actually my second day now fighting with this issue.

I've read all the fixes both from Microsoft and from Rare for Sea of Thieves. The game and Flight Simulator before it will just crash without showing anything other than the initial splash screen. It's a solid fail before even really launching.

I've deleted, purged and reinstalled my drivers for graphics and chipsets

- Removed MSI Afterburner

- Using Powershell removed and reinstalled Microsoft Store

- restarted my PC multiple times over 6 hours of messing with this issue so far this afternoon

- Installed in various locations with the Steam Version

- Verified all files multiple times via Steam

- Reinstalled it multiple times via the Microsoft Store and Steam

I even took possession of the WindowsApps folder and made sure that it ran SoT in administrator. I've ran "sfc /scannow" and though it found issues and fixed them it didn't make a difference.

I tried to reset the apps data and I've used the troubleshooter for Store Apps but it just tells me that it found Crashes and Hanging but can't fix the problem. I've seen multiple posts like this and none of them were resolved. Is there anything I can do aside from reinstall Windows as that's not even remotely an option. I'll just stop buying anything from the Microsoft store or that requires the store to operate. I've never had issues like this until the Store was involved.

Is there anything that I've missed? I['m sure that I've tried more but I can't think right now. It's been a long day.

:)

ShinyCA, Apr 9, 2021

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 9, 2021
  3. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unable to download Sea of Thieves from Store

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly follow the below steps.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store and click on the Account icon on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Enter the email address that you used during the purchase of Sea Of Thieves game. (The email address that you have received as purchase verification mail for Sea Of Thieves).

Step 3: Once you have logged into Microsoft Store, search for Sea Of Thieves game by clicking on the Search bar on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 4: Select the Sea Of Thieves game, download and install.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Issues - Sea of Thieves and Flight Simulator - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Issues

2. Sea of thieves will not install in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of thieves will not install in Microsoft Store: Windows 10, owner of SoT. Microsoft store will not download ANYTHING updates or new. I have tried everything to no avail. Unfortunately, I was told to reinstall SoT to get it to work due to it not updating in Microsoft Store, which has left me without the game entirely. It...
  3. Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue: My Microsoft account won't allow me to update Sea of Thieves $60 btw in the Microsoft store. IT IS CURRENTLY UNPLAYABLE, as each time a new update becomes available I have to up date to play it, but MS say's it's unable to at the moment try again later. I tried and tried for...
  4. Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue: My Microsoft account won't allow me to update Sea of Thieves $60 btw in the Microsoft store. IT IS CURRENTLY UNPLAYABLE, as each time a new update becomes available I have to up date to play it, but MS say's it's unable to at the moment try again later. I tried and tried for...
  5. cant find sea of thieves in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find sea of thieves in microsoft store: i purchased Sea of thieves through the microsoft store in 2020 played it on and off for 3.5 years then deleted it due to hard disk spacethen when i tried to download it, it said i have to buy it again as if i never owned the game i have achievement from 2020and bank receipt...
  6. Microsoft Store installation bug Sea of Thieves

Microsoft Store installation bug Sea of Thieves: Some context:I've been playing Sea of Thieves for years now, without any problem installing it, or anything, but today when I tried to play with it, it crashed multiple times, so I thought I would re-install it. I searched ''Sea of thieves''- Right click - Uninstall, then I...
  7. Sea Of Thieves Microsoft Store purchase issues

Sea Of Thieves Microsoft Store purchase issues: I bought Sea of thieves a few days ago, on black friday i purchased Parrot bundle and another for more ancient coins for the game. This was well of 24 hours ago and still have no received my items!!!...
  8. Sea of Thieves is on Microsoft store but not on Windows store

Sea of Thieves is on Microsoft store but not on Windows store: Hey, I just bought a new computer and this one have "Windows store". On my old one it was "Microsoft store" so i throught that it was the same but no. I wanted to download Sea of Thieves on my new computer but on Windows store this game doesn't exist and it's the same for...
  9. Sea of Thieves is not available in my Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sea of Thieves is not available in my Microsoft Store: Hi! Why is Sea of Thieves not available in my Microsoft Store? Me and my friend want to buy the game. Some games are avaialbe like State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 Etc. And I've already purchased a game in my store(State Of Decay 2: Ultimate Edition Preorder). And by the way...
  10. Microsoft Store cannot purchase Sea Of Thieves

Microsoft Store cannot purchase Sea Of Thieves: Hello I am from Macedonia and i want to purchase this game from the store. I cannot find a way to purchase this on the store itself without being forced to add billing address as some address in the USA . Am i not able to make a purchase from my country of origin? Does it...