Windows 10: Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on?

Discus and support Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I have two of my computers up and they both are running into similar issues with the Microsoft Store. Like the install button is greyed out on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/themoviebloke, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on?

Ok so I have two of my computers up and they both are running into similar issues with the Microsoft Store. Like the install button is greyed out on apps, Apps that are downloading are stuck on Starting Download, and sometimes it just freezes and I have to close it.

I've tried running wsreset or whatever it's called. I've tried troubleshooting. I've tried resetting it in the settings. I've tried deleting Cache. But nothing is working. Anyone have a clue about what to do? thanks.

submitted by /u/themoviebloke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/themoviebloke, Apr 25, 2020

2. Issues with Microsoft Store.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you referring to a credit/debit card or a Microsoft gift card?
    2. Are you facing issue while adding a card or while making a payment through the card?
    3. What exactly happens when you try to use the card?
    4. Are you receiving any error messages?

If you’re having trouble buying something from Microsoft Store, here are some basic steps that you can try to get things working again. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot problems when paying for something from Microsoft Store.

For additional information, you may also refer the article on
    Microsoft Store help and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store Issues

Hi,

We would like to ask a few questions in order for us to properly address your login issue with Windows store and opening the app.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to this?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What is the exact error message you were receiving when opening the app?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter
    to troubleshoot the app and Microsoft store.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on?

Microsoft Store Hell Corner

I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time :

Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start screen a non operational app called ms-resource:appDisplayName .

Laptop 2 : Lately managed to stuck at load screen of ALL apps and never proceed .

I have tried :
    1 - Microsoft Store Troubleshooter from here (Nothing)
    2 - Signing off then back on to Store (Nothing)
    3 - Wsreset Command (Nothing)
    4 - Reinstalled Apps (Same thing)
    5 - Tried Tweeking.com Windows Repair AIO , tried Store Fix , Permissions Fix , Services Permissions Fix , Then All Fixes (Nothing)
    6 - Updated graphics drivers

Now I am running out of options , what else is suggested ?

Edit :
    Thanks to Josey Wales Laptop to is now fixed by applying his suggested command :
    Now I'm down to fixing Laptop 1 , further googling and they even have a name for my case , it's called :
    Phantom App and they mention it's a glitch that surfaced with build 1709 and has no fix , but that was on vanilla forums . So any suggestions ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on?

1. Microsoft Store issues, what the hell is going on? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store issues

2. What the hell is going on on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the hell is going on on my pc: My pc screen suddenly goes into black screen for seconds and it will be back to normal this always happen everyday can someone please help me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-hell-is-going-on-on-my-pc/1a451631-aa74-46cd-b8f4-753f2abcf91f
  3. What the hell is going on on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the hell is going on on my pc: My pc screen suddenly goes into black screen for seconds and it will be back to normal this always happen everyday can someone please help me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-hell-is-going-on-on-my-pc/1a451631-aa74-46cd-b8f4-753f2abcf91f
  4. What the hell is going on on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Go to hell.. W11 and Microsoft both.

Go to hell.. W11 and Microsoft both.: Title. I say no, and it keeps asking me to update. I don't agree to the terms. I refuse the update. I do not accept.You forced my wife's laptop to update to 10 from 7 and it became unusable.If this laptop gets effed and I lose production in my business as a result then I will...
  6. Go to hell.. W11 and Microsoft both.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go to hell.. W11 and Microsoft both.: Title. I say no, and it keeps asking me to update. I don't agree to the terms. I refuse the update. I do not accept.You forced my wife's laptop to update to 10 from 7 and it became unusable.If this laptop gets effed and I lose production in my business as a result then I will...
  7. What The Hell Is THIS?

in Windows 10 Support
    What The Hell Is THIS?: Friday night, after a day in the salt mines, I came home, awakened computer from a much-deserved slumber, and saw this!: I didn't click on anything. I was able to 'X' out of the ones on the right and left. I clicked on Desktop, and the 2 in the middle disappeared. Does...
  8. What the hell is up with Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What the hell is up with Microsoft Store?: I've tried restarting the install service, Reset the store app, and uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I've repeated the same steps multiple times but the store still doesn't even seem to work. The store can't load updates, and is extremely slow--I waited about 20 minutes...
  9. What the hell is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What the hell is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse ?: Since the 1903 update (and subsequent updates), the mouse will not be selected when you click on things the first time you click, and sometimes it will not be the second or third time. I have replaced the batteries several times. NOTHING WORKS. My coworkers are also...
  10. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...