Windows 10: Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage

Discus and support Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My homepage in Microsoft Edge is set to Google but instead I get the MS Store as a homepage. I wonder why Microsoft makes the Store my home page?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sarah Evanel, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage

My homepage in Microsoft Edge is set to Google but instead I get the MS Store as a homepage. I wonder why Microsoft makes the Store my home page?

:)

Sarah Evanel, Mar 15, 2019

2. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Mar 15, 2019
  3. ADS KEEP PLAYING WITH SOUND IN MSN HOMEPAGE

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue confined to only MSN homepage?

• Which web browser are you using?
    If you are referring to IE, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies and check if it helps.

To clear Cookies

• Open IE, Go to Tools -> Internet options

• Under Browsing History, Click
      Delete.

• In the next pop-up window, Ensure Cookies check box is checked and click on Delete.
    To clear Cache

• Open IE, Press F12, then Ctrl + R

• A pop-up "Are you sure you want to clear browser cache" pops up

• Select Yes.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage

Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage

1. Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store keeps

2. Microsoft store keeps opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps opening: Every time I open something like windows or Minecraft or cortana it opens Microsoft store which repeatedly opens it looks like it's blinking I have no idea what it is i have looked for answers and I have done wsreset and repaired it reseted it I did it all yet nothing is...
  3. Microsoft store keeps opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store keeps opening: Every time I open something like windows or Minecraft or cortana it opens Microsoft store which repeatedly opens it looks like it's blinking I have no idea what it is i have looked for answers and I have done wsreset and repaired it reseted it I did it all yet nothing is...
  4. microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing: everytime i click on the Microsoft store app it starts to open and then shuts down. i tried some of the suggestiosn,but none have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-will-not-open-keeps-crashing/82c9d5e2-4e6a-4cd6-ab69-c8b49f117443
  5. microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing

microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing: everytime i click on the Microsoft store app it starts to open and then shuts down. i tried some of the suggestiosn,but none have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-will-not-open-keeps-crashing/82c9d5e2-4e6a-4cd6-ab69-c8b49f117443
  6. Opening the Microsoft Store keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening the Microsoft Store keeps crashing: I just reset the factory settings, but the Microsoft store has been unable to open, it has been flashing back, I have tried many methods on the Internet, but it does not work, which brother can help meAnd using Microsoft program detection shows "application not started"...
  7. Opening the Microsoft Store keeps crashing

Opening the Microsoft Store keeps crashing: I just reset the factory settings, but the Microsoft store has been unable to open, it has been flashing back, I have tried many methods on the Internet, but it does not work, which brother can help meAnd using Microsoft program detection shows "application not started"...
  8. Microsoft Store keep crashing after I open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store keep crashing after I open it: Hello My Microsoft store always crash. After I open a microsoft store it will open loading dots and than it will crash I tried everything help please....
  9. Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage: How do I stop Microsoft from spamming my Firefox opening homepage with: Try Edge and this URL: "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10"?...
  10. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...