Windows 10: Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything

Discus and support Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've logged into the Microsoft store on my PC, I own Minecraft and a lot of other Microsoft games, when going to install them I click the button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tonyjr1, May 7, 2021.

1. tonyjr1 Win User

Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything

I've logged into the Microsoft store on my PC, I own Minecraft and a lot of other Microsoft games, when going to install them I click the button and the install option disappears than I click off into downloads to see if its installing and nothing, I than switch back and I again have the option to install. No matter what I do nothing will download. There are thousands of people having the same issue and Microsoft is still sitting on their hands doing nothing, Thanks Microsoft; that'll teach me to ever purchase any of your products again.

:)

tonyjr1, May 7, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 7, 2021
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 7, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Literally

2. Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...: So i have recently acquired a new PC and my gf wants me to play Minecraft with her however i cannot seem to install Minecraft or ANY Microsoft product... i have done every fix which has been recommended by other forum pages. whenever there is the opportunity to press the...
  3. Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...: So i have recently acquired a new PC and my gf wants me to play Minecraft with her however i cannot seem to install Minecraft or ANY Microsoft product... i have done every fix which has been recommended by other forum pages. whenever there is the opportunity to press the...
  4. Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything

Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything: so it all started about 2 months ago when I went to install the Xbox app on my pc. when I went to install it it said "there was an error on our end" and it said try again later. so I waited a couple days and tried again, it said the same thing so I gave up. today 11/9/21 I...
  5. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.: I recently purchased the Halo: MasterChief Collection, however I encountered a number of problems in the process of downloading the games. The Microsoft Store first won't allow me to install anything, anytime I try and install something I receive the error message "Try Again...
  6. Microsoft store not allowing me to install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not allowing me to install games: Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and...
  7. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install anything Stuck on starting download, or just...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install anything Stuck on starting download, or just...: I'm setting up an HP Smart Tank 500 up for schoolwork, and the last step is to install the HP Smart software off of the Microsoft Store. But for some reason it won't let me install it at all. It gets stuck on "Starting Download" and never starts, or sometimes it just doesn't...
  8. Microsoft Store not allowing to install anything

Microsoft Store not allowing to install anything: Hello, I wanted to install the Prime Video, Sea of Thieves and Netflix on my Microsoft store app but when I press install nothing happens, it's like the button has no function. I've tried looking online for the solution, I've tried wsreset, regedit, powershell commands, cmd...
  9. Microsoft Store will not allow me to Install FS 2020

Microsoft Store will not allow me to Install FS 2020: Hi, I am running into a very frustrating problem with Microsoft store. I have purchased the FS 2020 deluxe edition, but the install button looks off and I and my cursor shows the blocked sign when i put it over it. I click on the 3 dots next to it and a panel comes up...
  10. I cannot install literally anything from Microsoft Store

I cannot install literally anything from Microsoft Store: Hello there, Can anyone help me bc I can't install anything from MS. When I try to it says "You own this game". I tried other games to install and the same problem. I also tried installing apps except games and I can't install them too. Now it says You own this for every...