Windows 10: Microsoft Store Live Tile not tiling on brand new Win10 reinstall

Discus and support Microsoft Store Live Tile not tiling on brand new Win10 reinstall in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just did a full reinstall of Win10 -- yes, I nuked everything and rebuilt from scratch -- for reasons that are not important here. But, afterward the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BananaFrappe, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Live Tile not tiling on brand new Win10 reinstall

I just did a full reinstall of Win10 -- yes, I nuked everything and rebuilt from scratch -- for reasons that are not important here. But, afterward the Microsoft Store live tile is not tiling. Admittedly, it stopped tiling a few weeks ago on the original factory install. I reinstalled Windows 10 not because of the Microsoft Store tile issue, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping that the reinstall would correct this issue. It did not.

Please tell me how to get this tiling again. It bothers me -- more that it should -- because the tile is SUPPOSED to be live, and it is not. My News tile, Weather tile, and MS Sudoku tile are all live and working. But the MS store live tile is not.

Yes, I have unpinned and repinned. I have terminated and reset the tile.

This really shouldn't be an issue.

Windows 10 Home, 64bit, version 1903, build 18362.239

:)

BananaFrappe, Jul 25, 2019

2. The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work?

This is the second time I've asked this. So far no suggested solution has worked. In fact, when I first asked this question, the Store tile cycled and only the Map tile didn't work. After attempting every suggestion, now the Map and Store tiles aren't working.

So far, I've tried (without any success)....

• Unpinning and repinning the tiles to the Start Menu
    • Resetting each tile in the Settings menu and rebooting
    • Troubleshoot MS Store apps in Settings control panel - said something was "not fixed" and offered no other solution.
    • Ran sfc /scannow in the CMD shell (as an administrator) to no effect.
    • Following the instructions on
      THIS PAGE
      to go into regedit and add a registry value- it was this option that after a reboot, I discoverd the Store function was no longer working. When I undid the change (following the page's instructions), the Store function
      has not come back. Plus, two games that I downloaded from the MS Store that were tiling are now not tiling any more.
    At this point the only Live Tiles that are working are: New, Weather, and Calendar.

Is there ANY solution to this? Or is this just another of the many Microsoft ideas that were imperfectly implemented that work for some and not at all for others that we all just have to live with?

By the way, this was a brand new Win10 laptop (only a few days old) with fully updated drivers (all updated within the last few days) and the lastest Win10 updates.

BananaFrappe, Jul 25, 2019
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jul 25, 2019
  4. elbeasto Win User

Microsoft Store Live Tile not tiling on brand new Win10 reinstall

Store Live Tile no longer works

Since 1703 & now 1709

I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue

Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period:

• Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings.
    • Resetting the Store.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Store with Powershell.

elbeasto, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Live Tile not tiling on brand new Win10 reinstall

1. Microsoft Store Live Tile not tiling on brand new Win10 reinstall - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Live

2. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  3. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  5. Microsoft Store Live Tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Live Tile: When will microsoft if ever sort out the store tile not going live. It has been months since it stopped going live and i have seen no comments from microsoft, only comments from independant advisers / scammers with surgestions which in all honestly do not work. Has microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  7. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  8. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218
  9. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  10. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 store tile not active

2. show products on tile not working windows store