Windows 10: Microsoft store login troubles

Discus and support Microsoft store login troubles in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was trying to claim my free copy of minecraft windows 10 editon, but when I try to login it says that my email may be incorrect, even though it is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by .GN., Jul 26, 2019.

1. .GN. Win User

Microsoft store login troubles

I was trying to claim my free copy of minecraft windows 10 editon, but when I try to login it says that my email may be incorrect, even though it is not, I'm kinda stuck and don't know what to do here, anyone know a solution?

:)

2. can't login to Store app

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue in Local account or the Microsoft account?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    Note: You need a Microsoft account for the Windows Store to download and install and work properly. So you may have logged your system to Microsoft account but you need to login to Microsoft account in the Store also to get full access.

If it not working then try with the below steps and check if helps.

Step 1: Sign out from the current user account and login to Admin account which has a Microsoft account linked
    and check.

Note: Install all the pending updates and check restarting the machine.

If still the issue persists check with next method.

Step 2: Try a Windows store resetting.

1. Press Windows + R key.

2. Type wsreset and hit Enter.

Windows store will reset and start.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 26, 2019
  3. can't login to Store app

When I run 'wsreset' I get the message that 'I need a new app for this'

PeterStrong, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Microsoft store login troubles

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft store login troubles

1. Microsoft store login troubles - Similar Threads - Microsoft store login

2. login microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login microsoft store: microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-microsoft-store/ab86a33f-687a-4cf9-b60c-7a167e284a60
  3. login microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login microsoft store: microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-microsoft-store/ab86a33f-687a-4cf9-b60c-7a167e284a60
  4. Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store: Hello everyone, I recently needed to install Microsoft Whiteboard for work, however I need to get it through Store, which my PC doesn't have. This PC has a window reset done once by a local computer shop, and i havent been needing to use Microsoft Store until now. It doesn't...
  5. Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store: Hello everyone, I recently needed to install Microsoft Whiteboard for work, however I need to get it through Store, which my PC doesn't have. This PC has a window reset done once by a local computer shop, and i havent been needing to use Microsoft Store until now. It doesn't...
  6. Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store Sign-In Trouble

Microsoft Store Sign-In Trouble: I was attempting to reinstall Sea of Thieves on my computer but the Microsoft Store continued saying I lacked access to the software. After trial and error, I found that my Microsoft Store has two identical Microsoft accounts under the same email and name but had me logged...
  8. Microsoft Store Login

Microsoft Store Login: Hello for some reason I cannot log in to the Microsoft Store app. I can open it however clicking on the sign-in button does nothing and clicking on the ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT button closes the store....
  9. Trouble with Microsoft Store

Trouble with Microsoft Store: Warning, language. Some context: A week or so ago I had problems with the xbox app, it wouldn't open and after the "X" logo disappeared, the app would just be a blank dark-grey screen, so I went and re-installed it with the hope of making it work, but of course, it just...
  10. Trouble with Microsoft store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble with Microsoft store: After opening the Microsoft store, I am unable to open any apps. I click on any app & it goes to a loading page little balls going in circle & never loads the page....