Windows 10: Microsoft Store missing and broken :(

Discus and support Microsoft Store missing and broken :( in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist... Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709). Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kin2son, Nov 12, 2020.

1. kin2son Win User

Microsoft Store missing and broken :(

Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist...

Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709).

Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder, deleted a few folders in there....

I ran a few commands in powershell and after that the store icon is broken nor it will launch.

I then try "resetting" the store in "Add/remove program" -> Windows Store and now the icon is completely gone from the start menu.

Long story short when I try to reinstall the store by running -

"Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

in powershell admin I am getting the below error (Sorry for the horrible screen cap)

Microsoft Store missing and broken :( [​IMG]

As you can see there are 2 errors. I know the AppXManifest.xml file is in there, yet it keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified.

Is there any suggestion how I can revive the store? I really hope that I don't need to rebuild the whole machine. Thanks heaps!

:)

kin2son, Nov 12, 2020

2. Store app is missing.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

• Are you signing in with Microsoft User account or local user account?

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Restart the PC and sign in with Microsoft User account and check if you are able to find Windows Store icon.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 12, 2020
  3. BTiger Win User
    Store app broken

1. Go to "This PC"
    2. Double click "OS (CMicrosoft Store missing and broken :( :)"
    3. Open "Users"
    4. Open your username (The Profile you are currently working in)
    5. Open "AppData"
    6. Open "Local"
    7. Open "Packages"
    8. Open "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    9. Open "LocalCache"
    10. Delete the entire folder, with contents, you see there.
    For those who didn't want/need a step by step:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Then delete the one folder in LocalCache.
    And that's pretty much it. Opened store and no issues after. Also if anyone is having issues with the Mail App, if you have AVG, it's the firewall on that so just turn it off and mail will start syncing. Hope this helps everyone.

BTiger, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store missing and broken :(

Win 10 Microsoft App Store Missing

Hi, I'm having a huge issue with a clients laptop and none of the forums , YouTube tutorials or Microsoft support has been able to help me with this problem .
    The Microsoft store App has completely disappeared from they're Laptop , other Microsoft store apps are still there but they don't run.

I have tired to use the methods mentioned on theses websites ( only posting a few since all of them say the same things)
    [ Top 4 Ways to Fix Microsoft Store Missing in Windows 10 ]
    [ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ab4a2af?auth=1 ]
    [ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...03c31c?page=11 ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windo...ing-windows-10 ]
    [ ]

This is the one ill use as reference: Solved: Microsoft Store App missing in Windows 10 version 2004

In the above mentioned site it gave a few ways to fix it ( none worked ) , i'll list all the ones i tried and try and give as much information about the results as possible.
    In order :
    1 . Run Trouble Shooter for "Windows Store Apps" , no problems detected .
    2 . Reset Windows Store cache using Win+R . gives you the "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store" popup box
    3 . Re-Register Microsoft Store using power shell (look at reference link to see what code was used , results in the posted snapshot)

4 . Run DISM command in elevated command prompt (again look at reference for commands used) , "check health" showed component store as repairable,
    but following commands resulted in nothing but 16 hours of waiting with no results
    5 . Manually Repair Microsoft Store , downloaded the file given (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=619547)
    ran the first command step 5. as written on site (results image ) . tried skipping step 5. and went straight to step 6. (results in image)

i uploaded a system info file ("msinfo32.nfo") at filehosting.org you can view it at below link .
    (this is a download link for the nfo file) https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...7/msinfo32.nfo

Also . . . . unfortunately i don't know when the problem started or if it was caused after a update , app install or something like that . All i know about what happened before i was contacted is what they told me , apparently the Microsoft store kept giving a error code when trying to update or connect to account ( they conveniently don't remember the code though) . i have searched all they're apps from top to bottom and i cant find any trace of the MS store , all that remains are the games and apps they downloaded from the store before it started with it's problems .

I also ask that any info or help you can give to be posted below (obviously) and if you guys can possibly also send it to my personnel email L: [email protected] ( this account was created with my clients details , i don't use my personnel details on my clients devices ever! . any info you guys can send to my own email will help me a lot , since i might then be able to start making any necessary preparations before getting back to them )

T Schlebusch, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store missing and broken :(

1. Microsoft Store missing and broken :( - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store missing

2. Microsoft store broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store broken: Hello so I haven't been on my pc in a while even tho it's all updated and should be fine my Microsoft store keeps opening and over clicking everything I do, I tried to end the task with administrator but I can't even click it because for some reason the store is constantly...
  3. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing: I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared....
  4. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing: I was having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a full reset and start from scratch, but I am encountering other issues now involving Microsoft Store. Upon reset, Microsoft Store appeared on my taskbar. However, once I clicked on it to launch the app, it disappeared....
  5. Microsoft Store is Broken/Missing

6. Microsoft store is BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store is BROKEN: I have literally been updating Minecraft for 30 minutes and it hasn't even STARTED. I tried signing in and out, I tried restarting the computer, but NITHING HAS CHANGED. I AM SO SICK OF THIS AND THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE TRIED TO UPDATE MINECRAFT....
  7. broken microsoft store

broken microsoft store: hello I've run into yet another bug and I've seen something similar to this but this is obviously more sophisticated than normal install glitches when you get an app saying it's downloading something when it's really not I've already run power shell force reset cache and...
  8. Broken/Missing Microsoft Store

Broken/Missing Microsoft Store: Desperately need help. Recently I have brought a game of the Microsoft Store. But it wasn't downloading, hence I went into Apps and Features in setting and press reset on the Microsoft Store. Now my Microsoft Store does not show up in Apps and Features. I have tried fixing it...
  9. Windows Store missing/broken

Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...
  10. Windows Store missing/broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...