Windows 10: Microsoft store movie

Discus and support Microsoft store movie in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a movie off the Microsoft store downloaded fine but when I click to play it it says can't play the item is missing or we can't get to it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BatmanCxnt, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft store movie

I bought a movie off the Microsoft store downloaded fine but when I click to play it it says can't play the item is missing or we can't get to it 0x80070002 its in the default folder I opened it with vlc but no video and no sound it says its playing can anyone help

:)

BatmanCxnt, Apr 9, 2019

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store

Hello Josh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you receive any error while buying or renting Movies?
    2. Were you able to buy or rent movies from Microsoft store with the same Microsoft account previously?
    3. Have you tried using the Microsoft store website to buy or rent movies?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Verify the region, date & time settings.

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    2. Tap or click Time & language.
    3. Select either Date & time or Region & language and check all settings.

Method 2:

Reset the Microsoft store app.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

For more information you can refer the articles
    limits on the money in your Microsoft account
    and

How to buy or rent Movies & TV content on Windows 10

Also, for a quick status check the payments option under your Microsoft account, you can also contact our

customer support team

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft store movie

"purchasing" TV and Movie content offered FREE in Windows Store

Hi Sheila,

One possible reason why you're unable to get the free movie is can be due to outdated application for Windows Store. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if have you tried updating your Windows Store. Have you tried resetting your Store? If not, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to reset Store Cache:

• Run CMD as administrator.
    • Type in WSReset.exe
    • Click Enter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft store movie

1. Microsoft store movie - Similar Threads - Microsoft store movie

2. add movies to wish list in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add movies to wish list in microsoft store: how can I add movies to the wish list in Microsoft store I have tried but to no avail and there is no help on Microsoft store to show you how to do it can anyone advise me please....
  3. Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store. I chose to "not" stream it, but rather download to my Surface Pro 3 at time of rental. It downloaded fine. My question is - Does the 48 hour period to watch the movie start when I downloaded the rental OR when I watch the movie,...
  4. Microsoft Store HD Movie Maker Pro purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store HD Movie Maker Pro purchase: I just purchased HD Movie Maker Pro from the Microsoft store discount price of $9.99. The purchase was made through my PP account so I do have a receipt and order #. Now I go into my Microsoft account and it shows up that I purchased it but will not download for me and I did...
  5. Microsoft Store HD Movie Maker Pro purchase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store HD Movie Maker Pro purchase: I just purchased HD Movie Maker Pro from the Microsoft store discount price of $9.99. The purchase was made through my PP account so I do have a receipt and order #. Now I go into my Microsoft account and it shows up that I purchased it but will not download for me and I did...
  6. Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store

Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store: I am trying to download episodes from Season 4 of Supergirl, which I purchased on the Microsoft Movies and TV Store. I keep getting the following error message: "Couldn't download. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for...
  7. Playing a movie rented from Microsoft store

Playing a movie rented from Microsoft store: Hi. I'm trying to watch The Death of Superman from the Microsoft store. The volume of my computer, and the video playback from Microsoft are both turned up. But, I can't hear the dialogue. I can hear background explosions and all of the background noises, but I can't hear...
  8. Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store

Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store: I cant use the $ on my M acount 2 rent or buy MOVIES ***Original title: help*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-rent-or-buy-movies-from-microsoft-store/112b07cf-d74f-48e9-be40-71b5c9dc3879"
  9. Microsoft Movie Maker

Microsoft Movie Maker: The Microsoft Movie Maker was able to grab images from videos and convert them to .jpg. Does the new replacement do this? I couldn't find it based on how Movie Maker worked....
  10. Microsoft Movies & TV joins Movies Anywhere

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Movies & TV joins Movies Anywhere: It’s happening — Microsoft is finally part of Movies Anywhere. The company has been working to bring support for Movies Anywhere to Microsoft Movies & TV for months, and the wait is finally over. Movies Anywhere is a service where you can buy movies from iTunes, Prime Video,...