Windows 10: Microsoft store movie

Discus and support Microsoft store movie in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a movie off the Microsoft store downloaded fine but when I click to play it it says can't play the item is missing or we can't get to it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BatmanCxnt, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft store movie

I bought a movie off the Microsoft store downloaded fine but when I click to play it it says can't play the item is missing or we can't get to it 0x80070002 its in the default folder I opened it with vlc but no video and no sound it says its playing can anyone help

:)

BatmanCxnt, Apr 9, 2019

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store

Hello Josh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you receive any error while buying or renting Movies?
    2. Were you able to buy or rent movies from Microsoft store with the same Microsoft account previously?
    3. Have you tried using the Microsoft store website to buy or rent movies?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Verify the region, date & time settings.

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    2. Tap or click Time & language.
    3. Select either Date & time or Region & language and check all settings.

Method 2:

Reset the Microsoft store app.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

For more information you can refer the articles
    limits on the money in your Microsoft account
    and

How to buy or rent Movies & TV content on Windows 10

Also, for a quick status check the payments option under your Microsoft account, you can also contact our

customer support team

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft store movie

"purchasing" TV and Movie content offered FREE in Windows Store

Hi Sheila,

One possible reason why you're unable to get the free movie is can be due to outdated application for Windows Store. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if have you tried updating your Windows Store. Have you tried resetting your Store? If not, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to reset Store Cache:

• Run CMD as administrator.
    • Type in WSReset.exe
    • Click Enter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft store movie

1. Microsoft store movie - Similar Threads - Microsoft store movie

2. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  3. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?: Can I properly download movies as an MP4 or other filetype, I bought in the Microsoft Store onto my hard drive, so I actually own a digital copy of it?...
  4. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?: Can I properly download movies as an MP4 or other filetype, I bought in the Microsoft Store onto my hard drive, so I actually own a digital copy of it?...
  5. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

6. Rented a movie from Microsoft store

Rented a movie from Microsoft store: Hey!What's up guys, hoping someone could help me with this issue. So, recently, I wanted to watch a movie and I wanted to rent Fast and Furious 6, the extended version. I managed to purchase it from Microsoft store without any issues, however, once I payed for it, I go ahead...
  7. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...
  8. Microsoft Store Digital Movie purchases

Microsoft Store Digital Movie purchases: The Movies Anywhere app says it is not supported to view the John Wick series or the Star Trek series.. Vudu would let me rent or buy the movies - I already purchased it through the Microsoft store - it will not let me upload it even though the site sells and rents the...
  9. add movies to wish list in microsoft store

add movies to wish list in microsoft store: how can I add movies to the wish list in Microsoft store I have tried but to no avail and there is no help on Microsoft store to show you how to do it can anyone advise me please....
  10. Playing a movie rented from Microsoft store

Playing a movie rented from Microsoft store: Hi. I'm trying to watch The Death of Superman from the Microsoft store. The volume of my computer, and the video playback from Microsoft are both turned up. But, I can't hear the dialogue. I can hear background explosions and all of the background noises, but I can't hear...