Windows 10: Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches

Discus and support Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, Every time I try to open Microsoft Store on my PC it fails to open. I have tried the WSreset.exe. An error message is displayed as:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JonoPenny, Jan 16, 2021.

1. JonoPenny Win User

Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches

Hello,

Every time I try to open Microsoft Store on my PC it fails to open. I have tried the WSreset.exe. An error message is displayed as:

ms-windows-storeMicrosoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches :purgeCaches

File system error -2147219196.

What can I do to resolve this isuse?

Many thanks,

Jono

:)

JonoPenny, Jan 16, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Microsoft store is not launching on Surface Go, Cache Purge fail

Hello there, I'm having issues launching Microsoft Store on my Surface Go. It wouldn't show up. One of the recommended action is to run the Run WSReset.exe
    but I'm having an error message that says "ms-windows-store: Purge Caches; The app didn't start". I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this.

I've tried the in-built troubleshoot but no success. The Windows 10 is also updated.

Also, my feedback hub doesn't launch too.

Appreciate any help please, thank you.

Chow Fu Phan, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

microsoft store

Hi,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why you are having the error message, ms store purge cache. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried running the
      Microsoft Store troubleshooter
      ?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link
    if you are having issues using the Microsoft Store.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Store

2. Windows 10 "ms-store-windows" not associated with Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 "ms-store-windows" not associated with Microsoft Store: The ms-store-windows protocol is non-existent. When I open it in Firefox, it says that the ms-store-windows protocol is not associated with an app. I tried it in Microsoft Edge as well. I looked in the settings the default protocol/apps section and it seems the protocol that...
  3. Windows 10 "ms-store-windows" not associated with Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "ms-store-windows" not associated with Microsoft Store: The ms-store-windows protocol is non-existent. When I open it in Firefox, it says that the ms-store-windows protocol is not associated with an app. I tried it in Microsoft Edge as well. I looked in the settings the default protocol/apps section and it seems the protocol that...
  4. Windows 10 "ms-store-windows" not associated with Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache

Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache: So yeah uh has anyone actually figured out how to fix the Microsoft Store purge cache error because everything I found,everyvideo has not been useful.i tried wsreset,the CMD commands and etc.haven't found a solution yet.i am using windows 11...
  6. Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache: So yeah uh has anyone actually figured out how to fix the Microsoft Store purge cache error because everything I found,everyvideo has not been useful.i tried wsreset,the CMD commands and etc.haven't found a solution yet.i am using windows 11...
  7. Microsoft store cache

Microsoft store cache: Hi All, I am trying to download an update of Disney Magic Kingdoms. When I go to the App Store I get a never ending loop of download / install / download /install ... If I cancel the download and run the app, it says it needs to be updated and sends me back to the app...
  8. Microsoft store caches are empty

Microsoft store caches are empty: so i have following problem if i try to open the microsoft store it simply just crashes so i went and looked for the microsoft store caches and had to find out that both cache files were empty, i must have deleted them by accident and now i dont know what to do and how to...
  9. STORE cache corruption

STORE cache corruption: Store apps work fine yet STORE apps troubleshooter reports that "Windows STORE cache may be damaged/corrupted." Despite the following measures the error is "not fixed." STORE has been reset (WSRESET). STORE apps have been reregistered. (Get-AppXPackage | Foreach...
  10. WSReset purge cache issue

WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...