Windows 10: Microsoft store not allowing me to install games

Discus and support Microsoft store not allowing me to install games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Your Senpai, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Microsoft store not allowing me to install games

Hi

I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and when I pressed check for updates it never loaded. I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix this but now I am unable to install Minecraft. I am going to try to provide as much information about my situation so we can find out what the problem is.

- the Microsoft store is unable to detect hardware

- the "wsreset.exe" command does nothing when I search it up in start and run it in cmd

-it appears that my pc is unable to check for updates even windows updates but I'm pretty sure its on the latest version 20H2-64bit

If you need more information please ask

-Thanks

:)

Your Senpai, Mar 27, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft store not allowing me to install games

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft store not allowing me to install games

1. Microsoft store not allowing me to install games - Similar Threads - Microsoft store allowing

2. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  3. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  4. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft store not allowing me to play my owned, and installed, game.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store not allowing me to play my owned, and installed, game.: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 I have regrettably tried to swap my minecraft account to my windows account like it asked me to. Now...
  6. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.: I recently purchased the Halo: MasterChief Collection, however I encountered a number of problems in the process of downloading the games. The Microsoft Store first won't allow me to install anything, anytime I try and install something I receive the error message "Try Again...
  7. Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything: I've logged into the Microsoft store on my PC, I own Minecraft and a lot of other Microsoft games, when going to install them I click the button and the install option disappears than I click off into downloads to see if its installing and nothing, I than switch back and I...
  8. Microsoft Store will not allow me to Install FS 2020

Microsoft Store will not allow me to Install FS 2020: Hi, I am running into a very frustrating problem with Microsoft store. I have purchased the FS 2020 deluxe edition, but the install button looks off and I and my cursor shows the blocked sign when i put it over it. I click on the 3 dots next to it and a panel comes up...
  9. Windows store not allowing me to install minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store not allowing me to install minecraft: I just bought Minecraft starter edition and clicked install, but when I install it, it says "Thank you! installing on your devices," and after clicking "Okay," it just gives me the option to install it again, without beginning the download. I tried refunding it but the option...
  10. Store not allowing me to download apps and games

Store not allowing me to download apps and games: I am trying to download Minecraft Windows 10 on my lenovo t440p. When I go try to download an app or game the install button is blue but when I go and try to download it I click the install button it does not do anything. I saw that my laptop is not in my "trusted devices"...