Windows 10: Microsoft Store not allowing to install anything

Discus and support Microsoft Store not allowing to install anything in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to install the Prime Video, Sea of Thieves and Netflix on my Microsoft store app but when I press install nothing happens, it's like... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Niroski, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Niroski Win User

Microsoft Store not allowing to install anything

Hello,
    I wanted to install the Prime Video, Sea of Thieves and Netflix on my Microsoft store app but when I press install nothing happens, it's like the button has no function.

I've tried looking online for the solution, I've tried wsreset, regedit, powershell commands, cmd commands, restarting pc, resetting the store and nothing works.

When I try wsreset nothing happens I open the app and I sat there for about 20mins and it did nothing... just stayed open, I don't know what the issue could be but could I have some help?

Thank you.

:)

Niroski, Sep 25, 2020

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft
    Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store not allowing to install anything - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store allowing

2. Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...: So i have recently acquired a new PC and my gf wants me to play Minecraft with her however i cannot seem to install Minecraft or ANY Microsoft product... i have done every fix which has been recommended by other forum pages. whenever there is the opportunity to press the...
  3. Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store will not allow me to install anything the moment. ALL downloads are stuck...: So i have recently acquired a new PC and my gf wants me to play Minecraft with her however i cannot seem to install Minecraft or ANY Microsoft product... i have done every fix which has been recommended by other forum pages. whenever there is the opportunity to press the...
  4. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  5. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  6. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Literally Not Allowing me to Install Anything: I've logged into the Microsoft store on my PC, I own Minecraft and a lot of other Microsoft games, when going to install them I click the button and the install option disappears than I click off into downloads to see if its installing and nothing, I than switch back and I...
  8. Microsoft Store not installing anything.

Microsoft Store not installing anything.: My Microsoft store is not installing anything. It either tells me that I already own the app, or starts downloading but the progress bar does not move at all. I have tried all the solutions listed in this post:...
  9. Microsoft store will not install anything.

Microsoft store will not install anything.: My Microsoft store was working fine until yesterday and since then I have not been able to download anything or install anything from the Microsoft Store. I have created another user account on the PC and on this one the store works correctly as it should do. I have no idea...
  10. Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything: My PC is on the latest OS updates and I own the game pass for the Microsoft store, despite the games having the play anywhere feature, they fail to download/install whenever i try to. Gives the message "Couldn't Install, We'll try again shortly" repeatedly until I cancel the...