Windows 10: Microsoft store not detecting external drive

Discus and support Microsoft store not detecting external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My son is trying to instal Microsoft Flight Simulator, but Microsoft Store is not detecting his external drive, though it is visible in Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gustavo_204, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Microsoft store not detecting external drive

My son is trying to instal Microsoft Flight Simulator, but Microsoft Store is not detecting his external drive, though it is visible in Disk Management. It is usable on Steam.

:)

Gustavo_204, Aug 18, 2020

2. usb external harddrive is not detected

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

• Have you allocated drive letter for the external drive?
    • Do you get any prompt when you connect the external drive to your PC?
    • Is the external device getting detected under disk manager?

You will be able to view the contents of drives if you have allocated a drive name/letter. If you do not allocate a name/letter and if you try to view it on the PC, it will not be visible.

Connect the external device to the PC and follow the steps below to check if the external drive is getting detected:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows Key + R, type
      diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • Check if the external device is detected in this window.
    • If the device is detected as unallocated, right click on the external drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where-in, in one of the page you will be asked to select a drive letter.
    • Assign a drive letter and check if you are able to access the contents of the drive.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 18, 2020
  3. ldybozz Win User
    usb external harddrive is not detected

Have the same issue. But when I right click the options are grey only PROPERTIES and HELP are available. No drive letter is listed. It shows a white arrow going down inside a red circle next to DISK 1

UNKNOWN

931.51 GB

NOT INITIALIZED with a box next to that w/a black stripped header

ldybozz, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft store not detecting external drive

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store not detecting external drive

1. Microsoft store not detecting external drive - Similar Threads - Microsoft store detecting

2. BD external drive not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BD external drive not detected.: External Asus Bluray Drive not detected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bd-external-drive-not-detected/0f54605c-c1a1-48ae-8f87-c0016d1e5eed
  3. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  4. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  5. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Toshiba external drive is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba external drive is not detected: Mi disco duro externo toshiba no es detectado en lo absoluto por mi pc cuando la conecto a mi computadora mi computadora no detecta nada, es como si no hubiera conectado nada, la prove en otros dispositivos y estos si la reconocen, alguien podría ayudarme...
  7. detecting external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    detecting external drives: Windows does not detect any of my external hard drives ADATA, WD Elements and Toshiba https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detecting-external-drives/e186d6f7-ed91-414b-a346-0c98e671f6a4
  8. External Drive No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Drive No Longer Detected: Need some help on this one. First the essentials: Home-built PC running Windows 10 (no issues since built 1 year ago) 2TB SSD for OS 4 Tb Internal SATA HD Radeon RX 570 GPU Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core CPU 10 Tb SeaGate Expansion External HD The issue: a few days ago the...
  9. USB external drive detection

USB external drive detection: My Lenovo Yoga does not detect an external cd/dvd drive plugged into the usb port. How do I make it search for the device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-external-drive-detection/4dd6bbfd-99da-47cd-8a89-a2a521d6ac12
  10. External drive not detected by computer

External drive not detected by computer: Currently have an internal HDD running windows 10. Before it was on Win 7 but the I took it off and made it as an external drive because all of a sudden all files (C drive files were deleted by themselves or gone). So I was thinking maybe I can recover the files if I...