Windows 10: Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps

Discus and support Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought GW4 the other day and have been trying to install it though it use to give me an error 0x80072ee2 after saying starting download for twenty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesLovell Greene, May 11, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps

I bought GW4 the other day and have been trying to install it though it use to give me an error 0x80072ee2 after saying starting download for twenty minutes. I have tried gooling how to fix the issue and such though to no avail. i have tried windows app troubleshooter, terminated and reset the app store, checking the services and of course logging out and back in. I can install normal updates for the apps fine if they come up though I have tried with SOD2 and FH2 and Crackdown 3 yet none will download and install.

:)

JamesLovell Greene, May 11, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 11, 2019
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., May 11, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps

1. Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store downloading

2. Why can't I download or update apps / games on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download or update apps / games on the Microsoft Store?: I've been trying to update my applications, but every time I do it, it says "Something happened on our end," and it always wants me to retry. But, retrying doesn't fix it. It also says "Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.: Hello Everyone,A while ago, I started to experience a problem with the Microsoft store where nothing was updating. I also tried downloading apps, but they did not work. Even after waiting for days, they still were at the "pending" stage. I tried restarting my laptop, but that...
  4. Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.

Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.: Hello Everyone,A while ago, I started to experience a problem with the Microsoft store where nothing was updating. I also tried downloading apps, but they did not work. Even after waiting for days, they still were at the "pending" stage. I tried restarting my laptop, but that...
  5. Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games: Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-downloadupdate-apps-and-games/4690301d-6268-4742-9530-83cc962b7dc0
  6. Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games: Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-downloadupdate-apps-and-games/4690301d-6268-4742-9530-83cc962b7dc0
  7. Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games

8. Microsoft Store not updating/downloading apps

Microsoft Store not updating/downloading apps: Hello, My microsft store is bugged or something because I can't download or update any apps in the store. Everytime I try it just says starting download and then nothing happens, when I refresh it dissapears. I have tried everything even resetting the store multiple times...
  9. Microsoft Store won't download or update Games and Apps

Microsoft Store won't download or update Games and Apps: Hello, I recently received a 3 Month Game Pass Access from Discord Nitro and decided to install No Man's Sky as a test. Well, at first it started, downloaded about 4GB and then didn't continue. I stopped the download, tried restarting the download, but then nothing happened...
  10. Microsoft Store will not update or download apps

Microsoft Store will not update or download apps: I purchased a PC on eBay which has Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 operating system. The Microsoft store will not update any apps, or install new apps. When I try, the app seems to be downloading briefly, then gives an error message: "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games not downloading from microsoft store instant on with automatic updates