Windows 10: Microsoft Store not getting updates

Discus and support Microsoft Store not getting updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I will explain the full story of what my issue is: It all started when i went to play forza horizon 4 on my pc because i wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Semaj660, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Semaj660 Win User

Microsoft Store not getting updates

Hello everyone,

I will explain the full story of what my issue is: It all started when i went to play forza horizon 4 on my pc because i wanted to play the new update as it has loads of new cars and features. As i would normally do, i went to the windows store and pressed the "get updates" button and it started spinning so i left it for 15 minutes and nothing happened so i contacted xbox support. Andy was very helpful and we went through lots of processes but sadly couldn't resolve the issue. I have tried many things but i still have not fixed the issue. First i checked for windows updates of which there is none and i am on the latest 1909 version. Sfc /scannow returns no integrity violations, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth says everything is fine and no issues. I found another post saying to reset windows store using wsreset.exe as admin, that opens a blank terminal which does not close and open windows store as it should so then i tried to fix that. I installed the Appdiagnostics 10 program which says "Windows store cache may be damaged" but then it tries to reset the store which does nothing. Trying to fix this issue, i was following another post with said had some commands for cmd, so i ran those. When doing "net stop wuauserv" i got system error 2 which means wuauserv is missing. Going further and further into this issue i tried to look at the "security at a glance page" which i then found to be blank, apparently this means that my computer is likely corrupt and doing a fresh install would be the only way to fix the issue. I also contacted forza support to see if they could help to which i was redirected to microsoft support. I am not sure what has caused all of this as the only thing i have changed since i was last able to update apps was installing "folding at home" so i can use my computer to help scientists. I would also like to note that my computer is not activated and has not been for around 500 days now, i have had no issues prior to this but recently the watermark disappear and does not appear although i still cannot personalize my computer. Andy from xbox support said that my unactivated windows may be the cause of the issue. I would prefer if i do not have to do a fresh install as i have filled my 1tb hdd and 250gb ssd so i would have to find a way to move 300gb of photos and/ or reinstall 700gb worth of games. Any help is much appreciated, thank you very much for reading this, James Allen

:)

Semaj660, Apr 10, 2020

2. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we appreciate the effort and time that you have taken to provide your review on store apps. However, we would suggest you to try signing out from Microsoft Store and sign in back and check if you are getting the
    Update option. If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for wsreset.exe in search bar.
    2. Right click on the Run command and select Run as administrator.
    3. A command prompt window will open after which the Microsoft Store will open.
    4. Then try updating the review.

You can also log on to online
    Microsoft Store
    and provide your review suggestions.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store not getting updates

Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store not getting updates

1. Microsoft Store not getting updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store getting

2. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  3. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  4. Microsoft Store gets stuck while updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store gets stuck while updating...: Hello. I just put together a new computer and installed Windows 11 on it with all its latest updates. Everything seems to be working fine except for the Windows Store. When I first opened the Store, I went to the libraries section and clicked on the "Get Updates" button. The...
  5. Microsoft Store gets stuck while updating...

Microsoft Store gets stuck while updating...: Hello. I just put together a new computer and installed Windows 11 on it with all its latest updates. Everything seems to be working fine except for the Windows Store. When I first opened the Store, I went to the libraries section and clicked on the "Get Updates" button. The...
  6. Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: My applications are not being updated by Microsoft Store. When I try to click Get Updates manually, it tries to fetch the updates but doesn't show any. When I open some app directly in Store, an update is offered and I can manually install it.I noticed following error in the...
  7. Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: My applications are not being updated by Microsoft Store. When I try to click Get Updates manually, it tries to fetch the updates but doesn't show any. When I open some app directly in Store, an update is offered and I can manually install it.I noticed following error in the...
  8. Why Does "Get Updates" Process for Microsoft Store not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does "Get Updates" Process for Microsoft Store not update: Recently purchased a new laptop and am trying to get updates to the existing apps on my computer from MS Store, OS: Windows 11, upgraded from Windows 10. Whenever I aim to try to update existing apps, or install new ones, I go to the library on the store associated with my...
  9. Why Does "Get Updates" Process for Microsoft Store not update

Why Does "Get Updates" Process for Microsoft Store not update: Recently purchased a new laptop and am trying to get updates to the existing apps on my computer from MS Store, OS: Windows 11, upgraded from Windows 10. Whenever I aim to try to update existing apps, or install new ones, I go to the library on the store associated with my...
  10. Microsoft Store "Get Updates"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store "Get Updates": Hello everyone, I made a previous post to which i got no replies so i will simplify that into bullet points: I want to update Forza Horizon 4 to the latest version The "get updates" button does nothing wsreset.exe opens a blank terminal and does nothing resetting store in...