Windows 10: Microsoft store not installing games

Discus and support Microsoft store not installing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Soursiety, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Soursiety Win User

Microsoft store not installing games

Hi

I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and when I pressed check for updates it never loaded. I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix this but now I am unable to install Minecraft. I am going to try to provide as much information about my situation so we can find out what the problem is.

- the Microsoft store is unable to detect hardware

- the "wsreset.exe" command does nothing when I search it up in start and run it in cmd

-it appears that my pc is unable to check for updates even windows updates but I'm pretty sure its on the latest version 20H2-64bit

If you need more information please ask

-Thanks

Here is a image of the Microsoft store not being able to detect hardware

Microsoft store not installing games 2ad6ee93-8837-466b-8348-c0304bbb4b90?upload=true.png

:)

Soursiety, Mar 27, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft store not installing games

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft store not installing games

1. Microsoft store not installing games - Similar Threads - Microsoft store installing

2. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  3. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  4. Games on Microsoft Store will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on Microsoft Store will not install: I purchased the Halo Master Chief Collection on the Microsoft Store, but am having trouble installing the game. Whenever I click "Install," it brings up a window to select a hard drive with enough space. Once I select an acceptable hard drive, the window disappears and...
  5. Microsoft Store game installation issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store game installation issue: Hello, I'm having an issue with installing games on the Microsoft Store, I go and click install on the game that I wanted to install and it will ask me to change storage devices since my main one is full, so I switch it to my D: Drive which has plenty of space, I then go...
  6. Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.: I've been playing Sea of Thieves a game from the Microsoft Store for a while now, but after resetting my PC because of other problems, I can't download the game. The problem is that whenever I tried to press the install button, it just goes gray for a short bit then goes back...
  7. Installing a game from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a game from Microsoft Store: Yesterday I bought and redeemed a key for the "Age of Empires 2" game. After using the code, I was redirected to Microsoft Store, where I searched for the game. It said "You own this game" and I clicked on the "Install" option. The install started and stopped after 1 second,...
  8. Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games: I just got the game pass for pc (beta), then started installing all my other games that I was interested in. Then the last game "Cluster Truck" I tried to download but the store show me a circle with a slash to me. If anyone knows a solution please tell me!...
  9. Microsoft Store not installing games

Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...
  10. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...