Windows 10: microsoft store not letting me download games

Discus and support microsoft store not letting me download games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it doesn't even do anything i need help please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NickolasCurcio, Jul 13, 2021.

1. microsoft store not letting me download games

it doesn't even do anything i need help please

:)

NickolasCurcio, Jul 13, 2021

2. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 13, 2021
  4. microsoft store not letting me download games

Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

microsoft store not letting me download games

1. microsoft store not letting me download games - Similar Threads - microsoft store letting

2. Microsoft Store won't let me download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't let me download.: So, one of my apps wasn't working correctly so I uninstalled it through apps in settings. But when I tried to reinstall it through Microsoft Store It said I still had it installed even though in settings it was nowhere to be found. Microsoft Store was the only place this app...
  3. Microsoft Store won't let me download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't let me download.: So, one of my apps wasn't working correctly so I uninstalled it through apps in settings. But when I tried to reinstall it through Microsoft Store It said I still had it installed even though in settings it was nowhere to be found. Microsoft Store was the only place this app...
  4. Microsoft Store will not let me download Twitter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not let me download Twitter.: I updated Edge and I could install the program on Windows 10. But I upgraded to Windows 11 and can't download Twitter. I checked other social media applications, and the weird thing is that the store allowed me to get them. They both have the same requirements so what's wrong...
  5. Microsoft Store will not let me download Twitter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store will not let me download Twitter.: I updated Edge and I could install the program on Windows 10. But I upgraded to Windows 11 and can't download Twitter. I checked other social media applications, and the weird thing is that the store allowed me to get them. They both have the same requirements so what's wrong...
  6. Microsoft store not letting me download ANYTHING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not letting me download ANYTHING: I have tried every single "fix" that I can find and nothing has worked! Every time i try to hit the install button, it goes away, but then when i go to the installing tab, nothings there. upon going back to the ready to install tab, the install button is there again....
  7. Microsoft store not letting me download games I bought on Xbox.

Microsoft store not letting me download games I bought on Xbox.: I downloaded a bunch of games on Xbox, but I switched to PC. It says on the Microsoft store that I need to purchase the games again, even though they are on the same email too....
  8. Microsoft store not letting me download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not letting me download game: Hi I bought Minecraft Windows 10 as I already have java edition but was looking to play cross-platform with friends on this Microsoft account. When I open Settings > Accounts, it says my Microsoft account is added to this device it's not the administrator, but it says it's...
  9. Microsoft Store Isn't Letting Me Download a Game on Multiple Devices

Microsoft Store Isn't Letting Me Download a Game on Multiple Devices: So, yesterday, I had downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 with no problem on a device at another house using my Microsoft account that was linked with my Mojang account. Today however, I am at a different house and computer and when I log into my Microsoft account, I'm not able to...
  10. Microsoft Store wont let me download

Microsoft Store wont let me download: Hi, I have a active membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and was able to download and play MS store apps/games mainly Gears 5. Since installing Windows on my new PC the store does not allow me to download Gears 5 anymore. When I cursor over the install button I get a round...