Windows 10: Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

Discus and support Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to install games from the Microsoft store to a external hard drive. Its what I play most of my steam and GOG games from. But for what ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BetaBlacksmithBoy, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

I am trying to install games from the Microsoft store to a external hard drive. Its what I play most of my steam and GOG games from. But for what ever reason I can't save games to it from the Microsoft Store.

I set the drive as my app install location in settings. But when I go to download a game, the store asks me to select another drive, no error message or anything. The list is just blank, other then my main drive.

I don't see this as a issue anywhere else, so I am unsure why I am unable to save games to the drive.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/BetaBlacksmithBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BetaBlacksmithBoy, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

1. Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store letting

2. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  3. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  4. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft store not letting me install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not letting me install: ive been trying to install roblox but all it says is get and when i click it, it does nothing at all. is there any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-letting-me-install/03dd68ee-8f82-44d0-9885-ae450e1a2664
  6. Microsoft store not letting me install or log in.

Microsoft store not letting me install or log in.: Hi. I have had some issues with my Microsoft store, I am running a windows 10 Surface Pro under my school domain. All of my fellow students have had no issues signing in, or even installing any software/games. I have spoken to my IT division and they have not managed to fix...
  7. Microsoft Store will not let me install games on any other drive

Microsoft Store will not let me install games on any other drive: Hello, I am trying to install a game from the microsoft store on my second harddrive but microsoft store will not pickup any other harddrive even after going into settings and changing where new content is saved. This solution worked once and never again back to ground...
  8. It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive: For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried to change it from my C drive to my D drive it came up with a thing that said "Delete Other Apps" and when I press yes there...
  9. will microsoft let me use external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    will microsoft let me use external hard drive: will microsoft let me buy external hard drive outside their store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-let-me-use-external-hard-drive/a6799d4b-a309-41e8-be23-a0eeb077aa65
  10. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive: Hello I'm having trouble with the Microsoft store not detecting My External Hard drive it's saying From your compatible drives pick one with at least 127.0 GB And all that comes up is C: 10.9 GB Disk space remaining When I have got a hard drive which is called WEOYC25-1T F:...