Windows 10: Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset?

Discus and support Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; HI I have reset my laptop in a way that keep my personal files and remove apps and settings. But however, after the reset finished the store refuses... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gaming RJ, May 7, 2020.

1. Gaming RJ Win User

Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset?

HI

I have reset my laptop in a way that keep my personal files and remove apps and settings.

But however, after the reset finished the store refuses to open.

If I open the start menu, other store apps, like the xbox beta app, calendar, and even calculator wont open either and have a white bar underneath them.

I reinstalled the store using powershell, and that seemed to fix it for a second because the window and store logo actually came up. However, it immediately crashes and I cant seem to get past that. I even resetted my laptop completely but still it's same.

:)

Gaming RJ, May 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store won't open. OneNote reverted back to old icon and I want the new one, not the old ugly OneNote.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that Microsoft Store doesn’t open when clicked on the icon. We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Reset Store

You can try resetting Store and see if that works. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type wsreset and click on OK. A command prompt window will open and reset Store, after this Store will be relaunched automatically.

Method 2: Re-register Store

If resetting Store doesn’t help, we can try re-registering Store and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now paste the following command and hit Enter:
      Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 3: New User account

If resetting and re-registering Store doesn’t work, we would suggest you to try creating a new user account and see if the issue persist. Kindly,
    refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, May 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset?

store doesn't open

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. We suggest resetting Windows Store to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, then click System.
    • Select Apps & features on the left pane.
    • Locate Store, then left-click and select Advance options.
    • Click Reset.

Note: If the issue still persists after performing the steps, kindly give us more information about the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset?

1. Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Opening

2. Microsoft Store does not open after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store does not open after reset: Hi, I ran into an issue when trying to install apps wit Microsoft Store and I tired to reset it from Apps - Microsoft Store - Advanced - Reset. After that, the app won't open anymore, I tried reinstall it with PowerShell as per suggested in this forum, but got this: PS...
  3. Microsoft Store does not open after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store does not open after reset: Hi, I ran into an issue when trying to install apps wit Microsoft Store and I tired to reset it from Apps - Microsoft Store - Advanced - Reset. After that, the app won't open anymore, I tried reinstall it with PowerShell as per suggested in this forum, but got this: PS...
  4. Microsoft Store does not open after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant open microsoft store after resetting

cant open microsoft store after resetting: hi!my microsoft store kept giving me an error when i wanted to dowload any app, so i went to my settings and resetted microsoft store.now it dissapeard, i cant find microsoft store in my settings and if i search it, it shows up but i cant open it. please help!thank you!...
  6. Microsoft Store Will not open after resetting it

Microsoft Store Will not open after resetting it: When I was trying to download updates from Microsoft Store, it kept saying error when it was installing. So I went on a Microsoft Answers article and it suggested for me to reset Microsoft Store from the settings app. After resetting it, I found that while it was appearing in...
  7. Microsoft Store not opening after app reset

Microsoft Store not opening after app reset: I rested the app because I was not able to download apps it was saying acquiring licence and after some times it says error. I saw in YouTube that if you rest the app you can downloaded apps in YouTube and now I cant open the app...
  8. Microsoft store not opening after reseting it

Microsoft store not opening after reseting it: I was having trouble installing something, so I reset the Microsoft Store in the windows settings' apps section. After that Microsoft store refused to open, I put many commands in PowerShell and already used wsreset 3 times. I also tried reinstalling it. is there a fix to...
  9. Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset Of The Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset Of The Microsoft Store: when i reset my microsoft store then i opened microfot store it didnt open and i cant see it on my apps please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-opening-after-reset-of-the/16eb962a-e0ec-46bb-9241-aa5f64cc27fa
  10. Microsoft store not opening after OS reset

Microsoft store not opening after OS reset: I reset my OS to resolve some issues with installing programs from the microsoft store, however it has somehow made it worse. I reinstalled windows, removing my apps but keeping my files, and now the store refuses to open at all. If I open the start menu, other store apps,...