Windows 10: Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...

Discus and support Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I decided to download paint 3d on store. I downloaded it like normal and in the end it was displaying "something wrong happened on our end". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sean Is Sean, May 23, 2023.

1. Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...

Hello,I decided to download paint 3d on store. I downloaded it like normal and in the end it was displaying "something wrong happened on our end". I did what I founded in internet but nothing worked. I decided to reset it but the reset is not stopping and still moving and not showing check mark. Then I can't open the app and I decided to restart my PC. But after restart when I tried to open the store, it was not opening and below it was showing white loading bar. I did wsreset.exe and it showed me "you'll need a new app to open this app ms-windows-store link" I don't what to do and I am thinki

:)

Sean Is Sean, May 23, 2023

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 23, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 23, 2023
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

P4-630, May 23, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...

1. Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store opening

2. Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...: Hello,I decided to download paint 3d on store. I downloaded it like normal and in the end it was displaying "something wrong happened on our end". I did what I founded in internet but nothing worked. I decided to reset it but the reset is not stopping and still moving and not...
  3. Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not opening and displaying "you'll need a new app to open this app...: Hello,I decided to download paint 3d on store. I downloaded it like normal and in the end it was displaying "something wrong happened on our end". I did what I founded in internet but nothing worked. I decided to reset it but the reset is not stopping and still moving and not...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this

You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  5. You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store: Microsoft Store Error in Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-windows-store/a610a540-ddda-4a35-bd90-c9a76cfc62e8
  6. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...