Windows 10: Microsoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service

Discus and support Microsoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello all, I have had this problem for quite a while now. A few months ago I reset my system due to windows slowing down, which was fixed. However,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tyotee43, May 17, 2020.

1. Tyotee43 Win User

Microsoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service

Hello all,

I have had this problem for quite a while now. A few months ago I reset my system due to windows slowing down, which was fixed. However, a new problem arose: The windows store would not launch. Every time I tried And try today to open it, it always flashes the border of the window for a heartbeat and then closes it. This is an annoying problem, but we are just getting started. I'll make the problems into a neat little list below for you.

-Windows Store wouldn't open - I could not download essential apps onto my computer like Realtek Audio Console, Minecraft Bedrock, and the Xbox app.

-Xbox on PC said it couldn't sign in - Tried using a free trial of game pass, suddenly could not sign in. error: 0x409 0x80080300

Those are the big issues here. So I deal with it for a while, until recently when I try to solve the issue. Below are a list of things I have tried and why they failed, spoiler alert. Here is the link to the Microsoft provided help guide, which turned out to be useless: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027338/microsoft-store-does-not-launch

-Date and Time - Everything was already synced and up to date

-Full reset of the windows 10 install drive - Didn't want to do it, but slash and burn might work. Didn't though, as the problem persisted AFTER I wiped and reset windows, which concerns me greatly concerning the integrity of the installer. Moving on...

Fully update windows - Yeah, alright, fresh install, run through the updates, aaaaand the problem is still here. Hm.

-wsreset.exe - Waits for 10 seconds then flashes the error message: ms-windows-storeMicrosoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service :purgeCaches The app didn't start.

-Copy and pasting a powershell command - I did the whole thing where i ran this: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} in Powershell as an administrator. Still no luck.

Please help, I just want to use windows fully again. I am completely stumped, I thought for sure a fresh install and a reset would do the trick. I don't want to call someone because tech support over the phone is a nightmare, I struggle with it.

Do any of you have suggestions? Please and thank you, please forgive my sarcasm and frustrations in this post. Its been a time. Thank you all again.

:)

Tyotee43, May 17, 2020

2. Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 17, 2020
  3. I can't log into the xbox app or the store

Hi,

Issues signing in to the Xbox App on Windows 10 may occur if the Xbox Live Services are disabled. It is also possible that there is an issue with your profile. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Does the same issue occur if you sign a different account on the app?
    • Are you signed in to a Microsoft account or a Local account to your computer?
    • If your Microsoft account is already added to the PC have you tried to remove and add it again?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the provided solutions on this

link
    to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, enable the Xbox Live Services on your PC. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Services
      in the search box.
    • Once the Services window opens, scroll down and look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.
    • You have to repeat the steps on each service. Right-click on each service and click
      Properties.
    • Make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
    • If the Service status is stopped, click on Start.
    • Click OK to save the settings.

Loraine Mon, May 17, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service

I can't sign in windows store and I can't use acount microsoft to sign in windows

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

What happens when you try to sign to Windows Store?

Please give us the complete error message if any.

For Windows store issue you may refer the following suggestion:

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now, try to open store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service

1. Microsoft Store not opening / Cannot sign into Xbox service - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store opening

2. Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App: Whenever I try to sign into these apps it will produce a login window to enter my password. Entering the password will just reset the page and emailing a code to my email does the same thing. The password is correct and the window will not say it is incorrect as it does with...
  3. Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.: Hello, I was on Minecraft and noticed i wasn't signed in, so I clicked the sign in button but it didn't do anything. I went to the Xbox app to see if I could sign in from there, I clicked the sign in button but it did nothing. I even went to the Microsoft app store to try it...
  4. Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.: Hello, I was on Minecraft and noticed i wasn't signed in, so I clicked the sign in button but it didn't do anything. I went to the Xbox app to see if I could sign in from there, I clicked the sign in button but it did nothing. I even went to the Microsoft app store to try it...
  5. Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Microsoft Store cannot sign in

Microsoft Store cannot sign in: You cannot connect to the Microsoft store or use automatic file upload. I keep getting the error code 0x800704cf and I need to be connected to the Internet, and if I am connected to the Internet, I don't understand what may be happening....
  7. Cannot open Xbox insider hub and Microsoft store

Cannot open Xbox insider hub and Microsoft store: I cannot open microsoft store I've already click it but it don't open and disappear so same problem at Xbox Insider Hub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-xbox-insider-hub-and-microsoft-store/0394b090-aedc-4432-a8e3-116b94102f1e
  8. Cannot Sign into Xbox Services xbox app, game bar

Cannot Sign into Xbox Services xbox app, game bar: I cannot sign into any xbox app other than console companion or the Microsoft store. I have bought games that I am no longer able to play for whatever reason. Every time I click Sign In, it pops a blank window up for less than half a second and then immediately closes that...
  9. Cannot sign into the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot sign into the Microsoft Store: As the title says I can’t sign into the Microsoft Store. When I try sign in and I click the button to sign in it just does nothing. I’ve searched it up and tried everything but to no avail. Any help at all would be appreciated submitted by /u/IsMaithLiomPaisti101 [link]...
  10. Cannot Sign in to the Microsoft Store

Cannot Sign in to the Microsoft Store: I have a business laptop. When I attempt to sign in to the Microsoft Store with my business account, I get a message that says "That Microsoft account doesn't exist... When I attempt to sign in to the Microsoft Store with my personal account, I get the message "We...