Windows 10: Microsoft Store not re-registering

Discus and support Microsoft Store not re-registering in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by David7X, Apr 24, 2022.

1. David7X Win User

Microsoft Store not re-registering

Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:89 + ... fest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manife ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: C:\AppxManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundExc

:)

David7X, Apr 24, 2022
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Microsoft store.

Hi Monty,

The error message Windows cannot find ‘ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again means that your Microsoft Store is not registered. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below
    to re-register your Microsoft Store:

• Press the Windows button + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
    • Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Apr 24, 2022
  3. Vijay Win User
    Restore Microsoft Store application in Windows 10

After multiple attempts, I managed to get Store open by enabling Developer mode (as suggested by one of the posters here) and running the command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in Powershell. Not sure if is exactly the solution since I've tried different steps suggested by different users in different forums (including uninstalling Store separately) but hey, I am not complaining!

Vijay, Apr 24, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store not re-registering - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store registering

2. Microsoft store not present on WIndows 10, re-registering fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not present on WIndows 10, re-registering fails: This is the error I got when trying the command to re-register it. I am sure it could not be Microsoft store interfering, since it does not even seem to be on the computer which is the reason I am trying the command in then first place.Any idea how I could deal with the...
  3. Microsoft store not present on WIndows 10, re-registering fails

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not present on WIndows 10, re-registering fails: This is the error I got when trying the command to re-register it. I am sure it could not be Microsoft store interfering, since it does not even seem to be on the computer which is the reason I am trying the command in then first place.Any idea how I could deal with the...
  4. Microsoft store not present on WIndows 10, re-registering fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register: Hi Guys, like many others my Windows Store App is missing in my Windows 10, including from Installed Apps list.I already tried all the possible solutions found on the web, including:sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth Windows...
  6. Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register: Hi Guys, like many others my Windows Store App is missing in my Windows 10, including from Installed Apps list.I already tried all the possible solutions found on the web, including:sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth Windows...
  7. Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register

8. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  9. Microsoft Store not re-registering

Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  10. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...