Windows 10: Microsoft store not resetting, or allowing downloads.

Discus and support Microsoft store not resetting, or allowing downloads. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey there, i dont suppose anyone would be able to offer some advice, I've been trying to download a game from the microsoft store app, and it just... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LewisSteele, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft store not resetting, or allowing downloads.

Hey there, i dont suppose anyone would be able to offer some advice,

I've been trying to download a game from the microsoft store app, and it just gets stuck on pending, or does literally nothing and then says "install" again, I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling via powershell, I've tried the built in "wsreset" command, but that does nothing even after leaving it on for over 10 minutes. The reset this app button on the actual windows settings hasnt solved the issue either. I am genuinely stumped by this so any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

:)

LewisSteele, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Microsoft Mahjong Daily Challenge wont download?

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you reset Windows Store and try downloading
    Microsoft Mahjong again.

Here are the steps on how to reset Windows Store:

• Press the Windows key+
      R key, to launch the Run dialog box.

• Type in Wsreset.exe and
      press Enter.

• Reboot your computer after the process is finished.

Keep us posted.

Anne Fuj, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Microsoft store not resetting, or allowing downloads.

Windows Store will not allow app download

Hi Glen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Mail app is inbuilt app and there is no option to uninstall it. It is not recommended to uninstall app from PowerShell as it might cause issue.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Reset the Windows store

I would suggest you reset the Windows app store and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit enter.
    After resetting check if you can see the mail app in the list.

Method 2: Try signing in using a new user account and check if the issue persists

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check the issue status in the new user account. This would help us to analyze the issue to find the cause and resolution

Create a user account.

Add or remove accounts on your PC

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Mail app using the PowerShell.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

4. Press
    Enter key.

After uninstalling the Mail app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/mail-and-calendar/9wzdncrfhvqm

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store not resetting, or allowing downloads.

1. Microsoft store not resetting, or allowing downloads. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store resetting

2. Allowing Microsoft to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowing Microsoft to download: Hello my laptop doesn't have to feature to allow me to download apps that ain't verified viring Microsoft app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allowing-microsoft-to-download/bb7f1342-3683-4a30-b54d-9411754bc982
  3. Allowing Microsoft to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowing Microsoft to download: Hello my laptop doesn't have to feature to allow me to download apps that ain't verified viring Microsoft app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allowing-microsoft-to-download/bb7f1342-3683-4a30-b54d-9411754bc982
  4. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  5. Microsoft store not allowing installs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not allowing installs: I’m currently trying to download the xbox app through the microsoft store, however the install button just completely does nothing, refreshing the store page and it still asks me to install it, the store cannot complete the basic function of allowing you to download apps from...
  6. Microsoft store not allowing installs

7. Microsoft store download reset.

Microsoft store download reset.: I was downloading Forza Horizon 3 and have a slow connection and downloaded 20gbs in 7 hrs so far, I paused the download for 10 mins to get some work done but when i resumed it, it was reset and didn' even store the cache i had 118 Gb left in the drive before downloading...
  8. Microsoft store won't allow me to download on to seperate drive

Microsoft store won't allow me to download on to seperate drive: I know this has been asked 1 million other times but the same copy pasted response from Microsoft's bots offer no solution to my problem I get an error code when I try and swap where new apps should be downloaded everything else can be put onto my other drive just fine :...
  9. Microsoft store downloads keep resetting

Microsoft store downloads keep resetting: I am trying to download Forza Horizon 4, and after leaving it overnight 3 times now, it always stops midway through. The previously downloaded part of it still takes up space, and the store downloads it from the very beginning....
  10. whats up with microsoft store its not allowing anything to download

whats up with microsoft store its not allowing anything to download: The Microsoft store is not allowing anything to download just produces a error. Anything you try will not work to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-up-with-microsoft-store-its-not-allowing/ea66e2b4-9550-4a6d-95f5-54e6d9c3ba21"