Windows 10: Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

Discus and support Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I'm having trouble with the Microsoft store not detecting My External Hard drive it's saying From your compatible drives pick one with at least... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZackRacer10, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

Hello I'm having trouble with the Microsoft store not detecting My External Hard drive it's saying From your compatible drives pick one with at least 127.0 GB And all that comes up is C: 10.9 GB Disk space remaining When I have got a hard drive which is called WEOYC25-1T F: and can't seem to get it on the Microsoft store and have tried all things like Change where new content is saved and put it on New apps will save to WEOYC25-1T F: and the PowerShell program with the administrator on with the codeGet-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

It has not worked for anything and I would like more info on this for help

Thanks, Zackracer10

:)

ZackRacer10, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

external hard drive

Hi Chrpee,

If you can't find external hard drive on Disk management than the next step is using the diskpart via command line, please follow the steps below:-

On the keyboard hit ((Windows logo key + R key)) than type ((CMD))

Now the windows command line will appear, the next steps is to type ((diskpart))

After that type ((list disk)) to show you the list of hard disks with partitions

If you found your external hard drive one of the list than you need to type ((select disk number)), note: the number is a disk number

Once you selected the hard disk or partitions than type ((clean))

than type ((create partition primary))

than type ((select partition 1))

than type ((active))

than type ((format fs=ntfs quick))

than type ((assign))

last type ((exit))

Check if the external hard drive appeared, if not please see the link below for more info and let me know if you need any assist

https://uk.pcmag.com/dvd-burners/120624/what-to...

Abdirahman Issa, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive

1. Microsoft Store not seeing My External Hard drive - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store seeing

2. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  3. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  4. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.: I am trying to install games from the Microsoft store to a external hard drive. Its what I play most of my steam and GOG games from. But for what ever reason I can't save games to it from the Microsoft Store. I set the drive as my app install location in settings. But when...
  6. My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My External Hard Drive was Migrated and Cannot see my old data on my hard drive: Hi Sir, My external hard drive migrated due to the downloading of windows 10 setup via media creation tool. and now my hard drive is no longer shows the data stored in it as well as it stop showing its full storage. And now also, it shows only a 32gb drive named ESD-USB. i...
  7. Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives: Acer Aspire HDMI DESKTOP-I2PLF68 Intel Core i5-9400 2.90 GHz 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable core 4 I have tried to use the device mgr and other recommended steps in support section. I even tried to reformat one of the HD's which does show up as a primary...
  8. Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive: To preface this issue, I have Forza Horizon 3 and all of it's DLC bought on Microsoft Store. I was playing the game perfectly fine until one day last week when the game wasn't seeing any of the DLC I had installed. I tried many different solutions and decided that I would...
  9. Unable to see external hard drive

Unable to see external hard drive: Hi, When I look in my computer or device manager my external hard drives are not visible. However, when I connect the hard drives it makes the usb connection sound. The drives are visible when connected to a different computer. But not when connected to a different usb on...
  10. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...