Windows 10: Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

Discus and support Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; To preface this issue, I have Forza Horizon 3 and all of it's DLC bought on Microsoft Store. I was playing the game perfectly fine until one day last... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WilliamH13, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

To preface this issue, I have Forza Horizon 3 and all of it's DLC bought on Microsoft Store. I was playing the game perfectly fine until one day last week when the game wasn't seeing any of the DLC I had installed.

I tried many different solutions and decided that I would just try an uninstall/reinstall. However, this turned out to be the worst course of action. I tried to reinstall the game by pressing the "Install" button on the store...and nothing would happen. I then restarted my PC and upon clicking the "Install" button again, I would receive a drop down menu of places to install.

Now this is where the actual issue comes into play. On the drop down menu, I no longer can see my second hard drive in the list of available places to install. I had the game installed on my second hard drive before I uninstalled it. So, why can the Store no longer see my hard drive? No other drives have enough space to install the game to them.

As it stands at this moment, I can no longer play the game that I bought just because the Store cannot see a certain drive anymore. And before anyone asks, yes, everything else can see the second hard drive.

:)

WilliamH13, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

second hard drive

Hi,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, it seems that the second hard drive is not recognized by your computer. For us to resolve the issue, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. Follow these steps on how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click View all at the left pane of the window.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

1. Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store seeing

2. Add a Second Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a Second Hard Drive: I have an Acer AME600-UR378 Desktop computer that has the facility to add a SATA hard drive in a bay located in the front panel. I have installed a Toshiba SATA MG03ACA200 2TB drive in that bay. It does not show up in my device manager or in Windows Explorer. What steps...
  3. Unable to see external hard drive

Unable to see external hard drive: Hi, When I look in my computer or device manager my external hard drives are not visible. However, when I connect the hard drives it makes the usb connection sound. The drives are visible when connected to a different computer. But not when connected to a different usb on...
  4. Trying to initialize a second hard drive

Trying to initialize a second hard drive: I nuked a hardrive I had from before and put it into my PC. My PC sees all the information but when I try to initialize disk I get the error message: Disk Management The opertaion failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the...
  5. File history - second internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history - second internal hard drive: I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents of the external...
  6. Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10

Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10: Bought a brand new HP Z4 G4 computer and added a brand new Western Digital black 6TB hard drive. After waking computer from sleep it can't see the 6TB hard drive occasionally! Maybe twice a week this happens, but the other 10 times it can see it fine. When it can't see the...
  7. Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive

Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive: Hi I just received my purchased MEDION AKOYA P5218 F - Intel Core i5-6400, 2,7GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, WLAN, Windows 10 Desktop computer. Since I had recently just bought a WD 1TB Black Hard Drive I wanted to fit this inside. Although there...
  8. Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive

Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive: So I have a second 1tb WD Black hard drive where I store all my games and files but I can no longer move anything into the hard-drive even tho windows says I have 500gb of free space. I reformatted but I still have these problems. Should I RMA it? Or should I convert it from...
  9. install second hard drive hot?

install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...
  10. win10 cannot see a hard drive added in.

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 cannot see a hard drive added in.: had a hard drive problem so took it out of that machine and added it into mine so's i could run seatools on it. but it doesn't appear in the list. how can i get win10 to see it? i had a thing like this once before but i've forgotten the procedure... 81421