Windows 10: Microsoft Store not working anymore

Discus and support Microsoft Store not working anymore in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi y'all,Windows 10 pro user here. I've had some difficulties with the Microsoft Store. First of all, it was usually really slow and a lot of times the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Laantje07, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Laantje07 Win User

Microsoft Store not working anymore

Hi y'all,Windows 10 pro user here. I've had some difficulties with the Microsoft Store. First of all, it was usually really slow and a lot of times the install or download buttons on apps wouldn't work. After trying out WSReset.exe plus restarting my PC several times I could finally install what I wanted and not think about it anymore.Until...A few days ago I had a new Windows update, it says I'm on build 10.0.19042 now. So basically after this update the whole Microsoft Store stopped working including any application I've installed with it. The slow experience that I usually had is gone, but

:)

Laantje07, Jun 19, 2021

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store not working anymore - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store working

2. I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore: I have had my computer since around May of 2021 and have had zero problems with anything Microsoft related, but for some reason the past week or two I have not been able to access the Microsoft store. It happened when an app I used called Ear Trumpet stopped working for no...
  3. I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore: I have had my computer since around May of 2021 and have had zero problems with anything Microsoft related, but for some reason the past week or two I have not been able to access the Microsoft store. It happened when an app I used called Ear Trumpet stopped working for no...
  4. I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update and Microsoft Store doesn’t work anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update and Microsoft Store doesn’t work anymore: Not sure what happened but it started happening after I got a virus that takes info but i took care of that already but the aftermath is that lots of windows related apps that are already on my pc aren't working anymore like the Microsoft store doesn't let me download...
  6. Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...

Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...: Hi all! Trying to open picture in Photos German:Fotos results in Error. Repairing failedResetting failedI am up to date with all Windows updates.Any advise?TIA, Jens...
  7. Microsoft store wont open anymore.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store wont open anymore.: Alright so, one day I decided to go to the Microsoft store to switch the Microsoft account that was on there. When I did it, I noticed Microsoft store Roblox was downloading so I decided to go on it. After about 20 minutes it ended up freezing and I looked up videos to get it...
  8. Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore

Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore: Hi everyone,I have a major issue all necessary Microsoft apps doesn't work anymore on my pc : Your phone, mail, todo list, Photo viewer, feedback hub, Microsoft storeWhen I try to open any of the previews apps, the window open and close quickly I have tried to fix it by...
  9. My microsoft store is not opening anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microsoft store is not opening anymore: The problem started when it showed apps to be updated, but it never updated any app, just showed the percentage bar, after which I went to settings and reset it, now it doesn't even open or get showed in the settings, it's just visible in the start panel submitted by...
  10. Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore: It's since the last Windows updates that Microsoft Photos is no longer working as it should. It often happens that if I open an image with this app, I get a white small screen. So the only solution is to close it down and reopen it again for a couple of times, until it...