Windows 10: Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft...

Discus and support Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I seem to be having a problem communicating with the Windows services, other than what I described in the title of the question, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Revan_702, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Revan_702 Win User

Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft...

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem communicating with the Windows services, other than what I described in the title of the question, I have to mention that I am starting fresh after resetting the computer. Now the reason for the reset might have something to do with my problem, I noticed that I had a very big folder belonging to a videogame in the WindowsApps folder, so I very stupid gave myself permissions via folder security to delete it. After that things went a bit crazy and I was having startup error messages. I assume that maybe because of that Windows did not reset accordingly. Any considerations ? Other that I shouldn't give myself permissions to delete folders that I shouldn't touch Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft... :p

Kind regards.

:)

Revan_702, Sep 14, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft...

Microsoft Store and Xbox App not working.

I'm having trouble with the Windows store App as well as the Xbox App on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried several fixes already, as well as contacted Microsoft support agents but the apps continue to not work. When I try to download from the Windows store,
    I get the error code 0x803F8001, when I try to sign into the Xbox app it gives the error code 0x80080300 before i even have a chance to enter my credentials. Below is a list of the fixes I or the Microsoft support agents have already tried.

1. Turning off/on Windows firewall (only security I use)

2. Re-Downloading The Xbox App

3. Deleting the contents of the softwaredistribution folder

4. Turning off all non-Microsoft services in system configuration and disabling all startup applications in task manager.

5. Setting to Automatic the Xbox Live Auth Manager as well as the Xbox Live Networking Service.

6. repairing my operating system while in safe mode.

7. checking the Use SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0/TLS 1.1/TLS 1.2 in Internet Properties in Control Panel.

Every single one of these options was performed after a clean restart and tested after restarting my computer again. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end with this problem.

RPTM Tunhizzle, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft...

1. Microsoft Store not working, Installing Xbox App gives error 80070005, and Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store working

2. Microsoft store and Xbox App not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and Xbox App not working?: The Xbox app stopped working for me. It was stuck installing something, and after stopping the install and trying to reopen the Xbox app, it constantly got stuck on the load up. The app would start but go no further than the Xbox Logo. I tried repairing it, then reseting it,...
  3. Microsoft store and Xbox App not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and Xbox App not working?: The Xbox app stopped working for me. It was stuck installing something, and after stopping the install and trying to reopen the Xbox app, it constantly got stuck on the load up. The app would start but go no further than the Xbox Logo. I tried repairing it, then reseting it,...
  4. None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...: I've been having trouble with logging into my Microsoft apps for a while now and nothing that I try works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-my-microsoft-apps-are-working-microsoft/6b58c3e0-c41d-4bdd-8f48-ef81567a1ff7
  5. None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my Microsoft apps are working, microsoft store, xbox app, xbox companion, microsoft...: I've been having trouble with logging into my Microsoft apps for a while now and nothing that I try works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-my-microsoft-apps-are-working-microsoft/6b58c3e0-c41d-4bdd-8f48-ef81567a1ff7
  6. Error 0*80070005 when installing a game from Microsoft Store - Xbox apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0*80070005 when installing a game from Microsoft Store - Xbox apps: Good day! I have a problem with my subscription Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and installing games. Error 0 * 80070005 appears when trying to install the game. I took all the basic steps to fix the error, but nothing helped. I called support and they advised me to download the game...
  7. Xbox app and Microsoft store not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Microsoft store not working: The Xbox app and Microsoft store not working. What should i do? submitted by /u/AvocadoSeparate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhf7nv/xbox_app_and_microsoft_store_not_working/
  8. Microsoft Store and xbox app not working.

Microsoft Store and xbox app not working.: Hello! Yesterday I got the game pass for $1 and installed the xbox app to try to get the games I wanted, but the xbox app loads up, but all the game icons are missing and once I click on any game the app crashes. As for Microsoft store, it just gives me an error on launch and...
  9. Microsoft Store and Xbox app not working

Microsoft Store and Xbox app not working: So a couple days ago I reinstalled windows while keeping my apps and files. (so just reinstalled windows and reset settings) When I finished setup I tried to open the Windows Store and nothing happened no window opened nothing. So I though whatever, then went to multiple...
  10. Microsoft Store is giving errors

Microsoft Store is giving errors: Whenever I try to download/Update an app using the Microsoft Store, I get this error code: 0x80010108. It would be great if someone replies with an answer of how to solve it and what the error means....