Windows 10: Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

Discus and support Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Buildershed, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows Terminal and Microsoft Store will not open. Apps that I installed from outside the MS store via exe have worked flawlessly but ones reliant on MS Store and the ones bundled with Win11 like I said refuse to open or work. I tried installing winget, which was in a msixbundle formal and that failed, more than likely because of reliance on the MS Store. So, I ran wsreset.exe and got this,ms-windows-storeMicrosoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open! :purgeCachesPackage could not be registered.Tr

:)

Buildershed, Nov 13, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 13, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open! :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 13, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

1. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store default

2. Microsoft Store and other apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and other apps won't open: Hi! I am unable to open the Windows Store app, Xbox app, Xbox Game Bar, or the Feedback Hub. Whenever I attempt to open these apps, they open momentarily and then close.I've attempted to do the wsreset.exe and when I do, I receive the error message...
  3. MicroSoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicroSoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening: Microsoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening i Have idea what Is Going on I Tried All Commands and All Possible way on Internet i seen But Noting Work For Me Please Help Please Watch The Video...
  4. MicroSoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicroSoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening: Microsoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening i Have idea what Is Going on I Tried All Commands and All Possible way on Internet i seen But Noting Work For Me Please Help Please Watch The Video...
  5. MicroSoft Store And Other Microsoft Apps Are Opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and other apps are not opening: This problem is with me since 1 year. The Microsoft store is not opening and other apps are also not opening like photos, camera, calendar, Office, Mail, Solitaire, Microsoft News, etc. It looks like thisAll the apps have turned blackish and when i click on them they donot...
  7. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and other apps are not opening: This problem is with me since 1 year. The Microsoft store is not opening and other apps are also not opening like photos, camera, calendar, Office, Mail, Solitaire, Microsoft News, etc. It looks like thisAll the apps have turned blackish and when i click on them they donot...
  8. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!: I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows Terminal and Microsoft Store will not open. Apps that I installed from outside the MS store via exe have worked flawlessly...
  10. Microsoft Store not opening (and other apps)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store not opening (and other apps): [ATTACH] The Microsoft store and other windows app (sticky notes, feedback hub etc) are "greyed out" and not opening. Nothing happens when you click on them, no error whatsoever (also nothing in event viewer)....