Windows 10: Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN.

Discus and support Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to login with my PIN, which I know is correct and can access on my laptop, Microsoft store keeps saying it is the wrong PIN. I'm at the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CmarCM, Sep 2, 2020.

1. CmarCM Win User

Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN.

When I try to login with my PIN, which I know is correct and can access on my laptop, Microsoft store keeps saying it is the wrong PIN.

I'm at the end of my rope here, I have tried everything.

:)

CmarCM, Sep 2, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 2, 2020
  3. PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN.

Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN. 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN.

1. Microsoft Store PIN does not work - I know for certain it is the correct PIN. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store PIN

2. Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.: I think it is a windows issue with my dell laptop. Would not boot up as it would not recognize any hard driveS So did a reset. Now when pc is turned on the pin screen shows up, which is what I have used for years. But will not accept my pin. It states "can not verify". If I...
  3. Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.: I think it is a windows issue with my dell laptop. Would not boot up as it would not recognize any hard driveS So did a reset. Now when pc is turned on the pin screen shows up, which is what I have used for years. But will not accept my pin. It states "can not verify". If I...
  4. Windows does not know I have PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows does not know I have PIN: Hello everyone, I have Surface Pro 2017 and I want to use Hello Face to open it but when I try to setup windows wants my PIN. But PIN which open surface is not seeing either. What should i do? I've a PIN when I open surface but windows guess i have not. Sign-in options screen...
  5. Windows does not know I have PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not know I have PIN: Hello everyone, I have Surface Pro 2017 and I want to use Hello Face to open it but when I try to setup windows wants my PIN. But PIN which open surface is not seeing either. What should i do? I've a PIN when I open surface but windows guess i have not. Sign-in options screen...
  6. Windows does not know I have PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store does not accept my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Store does not accept my PIN.: So I have gotten a second computer and am trying to sign in to the Microsoft store on said computer, and all goes well. I put in my email, my password, and then it asks me for my Windows Hello pin. So I enter the pin that I had set up ages ago, and it doesn't seem to work. I...
  8. Pin not working in Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pin not working in Microsoft store: So my Windows Hello Pin is not working when I try to login to my account in the Microsoft store, I have reset my pin and it will still not work. I can sign into other stuff with my pin except the Microsoft store. Is there any solutions?...
  9. Login PIN not working correctly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login PIN not working correctly: I have set up a PIN to use as a login to my Windows laptop, but it defaults to password each time. When I change sign-in option to PIN, I am taken to "Recovery Mode" and am asked for my security questions. How can I enable use of a PIN instead of a password?...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection pinned to Start does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection pinned to Start does not work correctly: I have RDP pinned to Start Win10. I pinned several computers to the list when right click the pinned RDP. Prior to the last Win10 updates July 2020, when I click on one of the computers, the connection popup would appear and the start menu would disappear and I could enter...