Windows 10: Microsoft Store prompting for PIN on attempt to purchase

Discus and support Microsoft Store prompting for PIN on attempt to purchase in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro v1809 (OS Build 17763.557) / Lenovo P910 Workstation Good Morning, I'm in password Hell! My Lenovo workstation was bricked by a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ImageMan100, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store prompting for PIN on attempt to purchase

Windows 10 Pro v1809 (OS Build 17763.557) / Lenovo P910 Workstation

Good Morning, I'm in password Hell!

My Lenovo workstation was bricked by a Microsoft update in April, and we lost microsoft login information. I need to recover by setting a single username and password that works for all aspects of "Microsoft"

I changed my Microsoft Account password successfully today.

- Microsoft Main login

- Microsoft Store
    - Microsoft Hello
    - And so on

To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a "PIN"

I don't have visibility of the overall user names and passwords in one place on Microsoft. I changed my Microsoft Account password successfully today. When I go to the Microsoft Store to make a .99 purchase it sends me to Hello which will not accept my new password and wants my PIN.

Help will be most welcome and appreciated!

***Original Title: I'm confused . . Can't get through the password maze! We lost login information. I need to recover by setting a single username and password that works for all aspects of "Microsoft"***

:)

ImageMan100, Jun 16, 2019

2. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Store game not showing as purchased ... and not playable

Hi, RRotter,

I am an Independent Advisor and will assist you.

Have you contacted Microsoft Store about the issue?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/28808/...

Is the child signing into the device under your account with his own PIN number?

Have you checked your account to determine if the game is listed in your purchases?

Have you tried logging into your child's Store account using your PIN number instead of his?

Check the steps listed in this thread on Sharing apps with Family

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/henrikn/2015/1...

Pat

Smittychat., Jun 16, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store prompting for PIN on attempt to purchase

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store prompting for PIN on attempt to purchase

1. Microsoft Store prompting for PIN on attempt to purchase - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store prompting

2. Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!: I am entering the correct Microsoft Password when making a purchase in Microsoft Store, but it is telling me, that it is incorrect! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-purchase-in-microsoft-store/d5a0b7d1-2c15-4c8f-a8b4-ad62c0b9d07a
  3. Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a Purchase in Microsoft Store!!!: I am entering the correct Microsoft Password when making a purchase in Microsoft Store, but it is telling me, that it is incorrect! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-purchase-in-microsoft-store/d5a0b7d1-2c15-4c8f-a8b4-ad62c0b9d07a
  4. Microsoft store purchase - refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store purchase - refund: Dear Microsoft!Today I've bought a premium currency and I didn't receive it. I discovered that I have connected different account and I didn't receive currency to my sea of thieves account. Can I get a refund?...
  5. Microsoft store purchase - refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store purchase - refund: Dear Microsoft!Today I've bought a premium currency and I didn't receive it. I discovered that I have connected different account and I didn't receive currency to my sea of thieves account. Can I get a refund?...
  6. Microsoft store purchase

Microsoft store purchase: Hi! I hljust purchased Forza horizon 4 ultimate add-ons bundle from microsoft store uși garaj paysafecard. My money were taken but I can t see the add ons in library and I can t see the purchase în order history. What can I do?...
  7. Microsoft Store Purchases

Microsoft Store Purchases: [ATTACH][ATTACH][IMG]if i purchased something for fortnite in the microsft store for a game dose it expire because it said the purchase was complete but its not in my fortnite account and it says you own this item but i never redeemed it someone please help * Moved from...
  8. microsoft store purchase

microsoft store purchase: On 11-29-2020 I purchased Microsoft Flight for $59.99. I am unable to download the game to my computer. My Microsoft account shows I payed for it, my PayPal account also shows I paid for it. When I click the download/install button it redirects me to a page to purchase it...
  9. Refund of Microsoft Store purchase

Refund of Microsoft Store purchase: I recently paid for a yearly subscription for a VPN on accident when I was attempting to just get the 7-day free trial this was already a real hit to the gut as it cost me $85 which I really did not have to spend, but then the app didn't even recognise I had its premium and...
  10. Microsoft store purchases

Microsoft store purchases: Why does Microsoft store Show that I have bought nearly every app, when I have not made any purchases? The store Shows I have purchased apps I have never even seen! WHAT is up?...