Windows 10: Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error"

Discus and support Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically I'm trying to download Sea Of Thieves on PC and it's been around 3 hours since I started and only 14 GB has downloaded, why? You may ask.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hertz4321, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error"

So basically I'm trying to download Sea Of Thieves on PC and it's been around 3 hours since I started and only 14 GB has downloaded, why? You may ask.

Well, it just randomly pauses the download and says "Error" literally nothing else, no error message, just "Error".

("Błąd" roughly translates to "Error")

https://imgur.com/a/3NsOxMA

This error does absolutely nothing, rather than pause my download since it's progressing but I need to resume it at random periods of time, which is really, REALLY annoying. The time between the Error is literally random. Once it happened 6 seconds after resuming, and once after 10+ minutes.

That's what happens when I resume it:

https://imgur.com/a/cp245Sx

The blue bar appears a couple of seconds later and downloads normally until the error appears sometime later.

Please help.

submitted by /u/Hertz4321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hertz4321, Jul 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Store downloads are extremely slow and keep pausing.

Hi,

I've recently purchased Forza Motorsport 7 on the Microsoft Store.

I just checked my internet download speed and it is a stable 50mbps.

While downloading the game on Microsoft Store, I can not get faster than 15mbps.

This means the game will take over three times longer to download than what I expected.

That isn't my main problem though. For some reason the download keeps pausing constantly every minute. Each pause lasts at least 10 minutes before the download continues again. During each pause, the download sometimes says "Finding Product Files".

I have had the download running for 1 hour and have only managed to download 170 MB out of 99 GB. This is unacceptable. Is there anyone who can help me out?

By the way, I have already tried all steps from this answer with no improvement: Microsoft Store Download Speed Painfully Slow

dannychanny, Jul 13, 2020
  3. microsoft store errors

Hi,

The 0x87AF0001 is a common error in Windows Store, wherein it prevents you to download or update new or existing applications. To resolve this, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open the command prompt, and run it as an administrator.
    • Type the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup.
    • Restart your device, and check if your query persists.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error"

downloading app from microsoft store error

Microsoft Store won't allow me to download any app

• Games
    • Movies
    • Apps
    Nothing.

Error displayed says internet connection needed. I HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION!

BattedTomb31, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error"

1. Microsoft Store randomly pausing download and says "Error" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store randomly

2. Download error in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download error in Microsoft Store: Whenever i try to download any app from the store.The error code is PUR-AuthenticationFailure, followed by a changing alphanumerical string last one i've had was "j7gMPUrE4Uq2ZaDmgeSzig", and of course it's telling me to login again.If i try to do so, i get another error,...
  3. Pause downloading error.

Pause downloading error.: I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!...
  4. Pause downloading error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause downloading error.: I started downloading an app on the latest version of Microsoft Store, after a while I wanted it stop the download but there are no pause buttons or cancel buttons on the download, i cannot stop it !!...
  5. Pause downloading error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Store Restarting Downloads After Pausing & Restarts

Microsoft Store Restarting Downloads After Pausing & Restarts: I have recently started downloading Forza 4 via the Microsoft store and realized that every time i pause or restart my pc that the download restarts? Is Windows/Microsoft Store intentionally throwing away the downloaded button? and if that's the case, is there a setting to...
  7. microsoft store download error.

microsoft store download error.: I've bought the first month of the game pass to see if i enjoyed the game, i did so i bought it. Then after i bought it i had to update it, it said that the update had failed and i had to reinstall. But now when im trying to install it keeps saying "error" with the Code:...
  8. Microsoft Store downloads are extremely slow and keep pausing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store downloads are extremely slow and keep pausing.: Hi, I've recently purchased Forza Motorsport 7 on the Microsoft Store. I just checked my internet download speed and it is a stable 50mbps. While downloading the game on Microsoft Store, I can not get faster than 15mbps. This means the game will take over three times...
  9. Microsoft Store download error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store download error: Need help with this Error when downloading Master Chief collection, if I click the refresh button it thinks for a while and then stops, if I click the x and try to download again it still shows an error. [ATTACH]...
  10. download error in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download error in Microsoft Store: I cannot download apps from Microsoft Store. I continuously get errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/download-error-in-microsoft-store/f637d16a-d4cb-4bba-bc00-3aaf9d1f2c2c