Windows 10: Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.

Discus and support Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says. I have no idea why this is happening, it's not happening with any of the other programs that are pinned to the taskbar, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yousef Al-Shurafa, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.

Like the title says. I have no idea why this is happening, it's not happening with any of the other programs that are pinned to the taskbar, and Microsoft Store launches normally from any other place. OS: Windows 11 Pro 2H22

:)

Yousef Al-Shurafa, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.

Pinning Settings app to taskbar stores control.exe instead

Tom,
    I am also baffled.

I have the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Settings.lnk shortcut [Target %windir%\System32\Control.exe] as well and I do not understand how its existence can alter the behaviour of pinning another shortcut to the Taskbar.

I noticed one additional aspect of pinning that shortcut to the Taskbar. Unlike all the other pinned shortcuts, it does not get listed in
    C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

In case it was something peculiar to the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, I pinned its Edge shortcut to the Taskbar and it does appear in the …..\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar list.

A mystery unsolved,
    All the best,
    Denis

Try3, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.

1. Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store redirects

2. PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store: I am unable to log into Microsoft Store with my account on my son’s laptop HP Laptop 17-cp0xxx running Windows 11, v22H2 when it asks for my PIN for verification. I recently purchased Minecraft for Windows for him from the Minecraft web site. I successfully apparently...
  3. PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store: I am unable to log into Microsoft Store with my account on my son’s laptop HP Laptop 17-cp0xxx running Windows 11, v22H2 when it asks for my PIN for verification. I recently purchased Minecraft for Windows for him from the Minecraft web site. I successfully apparently...
  4. Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.: Like the title says. I have no idea why this is happening, it's not happening with any of the other programs that are pinned to the taskbar, and Microsoft Store launches normally from any other place. OS: Windows 11 Pro 2H22...
  5. help me : i cant open my microsoft store i can only pin to taskbar but not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    help me : i cant open my microsoft store i can only pin to taskbar but not open: pls help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-i-cant-open-my-microsoft-store-i-can-only/47ada613-400d-40ad-8ca0-43be933addd9
  6. Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar: How can I pin a store app to the taskbar with a custom icon? I have a very minimalistic theme that I like to use for the taskbar. I customize all the shortcuts I pin to the taskbar but when I try to pin a shortcut to a store app it reverts back to its default icon. No other...
  7. Opening an app and then getting redirected to Microsoft Store

Opening an app and then getting redirected to Microsoft Store: I just downloaded an app from a website and when I tried to open it, it redirects me to the Microsoft Store stating that the app I'm trying to install isn't a verified Microsoft app. How do I stop this from happening and why does it do that?w...
  8. Microsoft store - redirect to store form Software center SCCM

Microsoft store - redirect to store form Software center SCCM: HI in the process and planning to implement MS store and MSfB in our enterprise. Initial plan is that we will keep Software centre for current user Application/software request and installs, and then enable and make available the private store for Desktop UWP Apps, so TWO...
  9. Newstarad Keeps redirecting me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Newstarad Keeps redirecting me: I keep getting redirected to Newstarad websites of advertisements, I have run bitdefender free and it removed 4 things that were redirecting me and stopped most of it, I have checked my "add/remove" programs and deleted everything weird. I have also went to my program files...
  10. Pin This PC to TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin This PC to TaskBar: Hi, Windows 10 Does anyone know how to pin This PC to TaskBar. A simple operation, however, i will explain as follows: I have two pc's and both running Windows 10 On first pc: I somehow managed to get This PC in the start menu as seen here...