Windows 10: Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

Discus and support Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DaoMaster211, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the initialized stage. Can someone help?

:)

DaoMaster211, Jun 14, 2021

2. Windows App Store Not Opening

I have the exact same issue and have tried all the suggested steps in regards to reinstalling via powershell script and deleting Appdata cache folder. No method has worked.

xlxcrossing, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Petar Zh. Win User
    No Microsoft Store, can't reinstall, Troubleshooter says to Sign in, but I am signed in

Method 1 of 4

Reinstall the Store app via Settings
    This method can be performed in Windows 10 1803 and above versions only.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > Apps > Apps & features.

Step 2: Locate Microsoft Store entry and click on it to reveal Advanced options link. Click Advanced options link.

reinstall the store app in Windows 10

Step 3: In the Reset section, click the Reset button. As you can see in the screenshot, the description clearly says that resetting the app will reinstall the app. Click the Reset button when you see the confirmation dialog to complete the reinstall.

reinstall the Store app in windows 10

Method 2 of 4

Reinstall preinstalled apps via PowerShell
    Step 1: Open PowerShell with admin rights. To do so, type Windows PowerShell in the search box to see PowerShell in results, right-click on PowerShell, and then click Run as administrator option.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic01

Step 2: In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press Enter key.

Get-Appxpackage –Allusers

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic1

Step 3: Scroll down and locate the entry of the Store app and copy the package name. If you want to reinstall any other app, locate its entry and copy its PackageFullName.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic2

Tip: After selecting the PackageFullName, use Ctrl + C to copy. You won’t be able to right-click and copy.

Step 4: Finally, execute the following command:

Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\” –DisableDevelopmentMode

In the above command, replace PackageFullName with the package name of the Windows Store or any other app that you copied in Step 3 and replace “C” with the drive letter of the driver where Windows 10 is installed. Good luck!

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic3

Method 3 of 4

Reinstalling all apps via PowerShell
    Note that the following command reinstalls not just the Store app but also all default apps that ship with Windows 10. So when you reinstall all apps, you might lose data stored in apps and you might need to configure these apps again.

NOTE: Although the command reinstalls most of the native apps, the command might fail to reinstall some apps like Cortana and Edge.

Step 1: Open Windows PowerShell with admin rights. The easiest way to launch PowerShell as administrator is to type PowerShell in the search box and then simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.

Or, type PowerShell in the search box, right-click on the PowerShell entry in the result and then click Run as administrator.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic3.1

Step 2: Close running apps, if any.

Step 3: In the PowerShell, copy and paste the following command and then press Enter to execute it.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic4

This may take some time and you might see some errors. Simply ignore all errors and wait for command to complete its job.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic5

Step 4: Once done, open the Start menu and search for the app that you wanted to reinstall. It should be there.

And if you’re having issues with apps installed from the Store, please use the official Troubleshooter to fix Store apps issues.

Method 4 of 4

The last resort: Create a new user account
    In some cases, the above methods may fail to reinstall or restore one or more preinstalled apps. If those methods fail and you can’t live without your favorite app, like Store, the definite way to get back the app in shape or restore it is to create a new user account. Yes, a new user account will have all apps including the Store app.

To create a new user account, open Accounts section of Settings app, click Family and other users, click Add someone else to this PC, and then follow simple on-screen instructions to create a new user account. Once the new account is ready, you can then move existing data from your old account to the new one.

Reinstall Store and other preinstalled apps On Windows 10 pic6

Good luck!

Petar Zh., Jun 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

How to reinstall the windows Store

Hi Eibie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Method 1:

Please be informed that you cannot uninstall the windows store in windows 10.I suggest you to check Windows store in all apps and if you able to find Windows store in all apps ping it to start menu.

1. Go to windows icon.

2. Now click on all app.

3. You will find the windows store in the list.

4. Then right click on windows store and pin it to start.

Method 2:

I suggest you to re-register the Windows store app. Please follow the below steps to re-register:

• Click on start and type
      Powershell.

• Right click on the powershell and click on
      Run as Administrator.

And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

1. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store reinstall

2. Payment method for Microsoft Store in Pakistan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment method for Microsoft Store in Pakistan: Hi, I am Afnan from Pakistan. I want to buy an app from the Microsoft store which is paid. So, for this, I have to add a payment method. But when i add a master card with all correct details it shows " You entered wrong card details". I have tried a lot of time but find no...
  3. Payment method for Microsoft Store in Pakistan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Payment method for Microsoft Store in Pakistan: Hi, I am Afnan from Pakistan. I want to buy an app from the Microsoft store which is paid. So, for this, I have to add a payment method. But when i add a master card with all correct details it shows " You entered wrong card details". I have tried a lot of time but find no...
  4. Reinstalling Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store: Hello,I removed the MS store from Admin Powershell and have not been able to reinstall it for a long time now, its been getting on my nerves because I can't access certain apps, I am up-to-date and still no Microsoft Store, anyone know any solutions?...
  5. Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working

Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working: I Watched dozens of tutorials but nothings working but months ago i succesfully reinstalled ms store but now its not working its not saying initialized i tried to disable and re enable powershell but nothings working and i try troubleshooting and wsreset but nothing works and...
  6. Change encryption method with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change encryption method with PowerShell: Hi guys, As the title says, is it possible to change the already in place encryption with a PowerShell script that might say: decypher -> change to AES-256 -> Enable? I have around 900 devices that have been encrypted with default and now ITSec want's to change the...
  7. windows store reinstalling error powershell

windows store reinstalling error powershell: by running following command in powershell to reinstall windows store Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} i got following error Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed...
  8. Reinstalling Microsoft Store

Reinstalling Microsoft Store: My Microsoft store is entirely gone from windows. I tried a couple of solutions to reinstall it like PowerShell or resetting my computer but Microsoft store won't reinstall. And I tried a couple of more complex solutions but I usually get confused in the process or something...
  9. can't reinstall Microsoft Store via PowerShell, error 0x80073D23 :(

can't reinstall Microsoft Store via PowerShell, error 0x80073D23 :(: Hello, I can't reinstall the Microsoft Store via PowerShell :( Here is the error message I get English Add-AppxPackage: HRESULT deployment failed: 0x80073D23, The deployment operation was blocked because the Deployment of special profiles is not allowed. Try to...
  10. Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working: Hey ! A long ago, i used someone's powershell script to optimize my laptop at its maximum and i messed up the script a bit, which deleted/uninstalled every Windows app such as the Store, Pictures and Videos viewer, etc... I've been looking for some way to solve this...