Windows 10: Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

Discus and support Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Team, I'm using Windows 10 x64 (but issue exists on all windows platforms where Microsoft Store is available) I can reproduce this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SALFATIMickael, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

Hello Microsoft Team,

I'm using Windows 10 x64 (but issue exists on all windows platforms where Microsoft Store is available)

I can reproduce this issue on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

Steps to reproduce this issue:

1/ Install Remote Desktop app from microsoft store.

2/ Connect to a VPN (I'm using VPN cisco client)

3/ Try to connect to RDP host with APP -> Host is not reachable.

It seems that App don't handle VPN tunnel.

If I use mstsc.exe (native RDP from windows) there is no problem to connect to the host over VPN.

I found a lot of topics where the same issue is described whithout solutions.

Thanks per advance.

Mickael

***moved on english forum***

:)

SALFATIMickael, Mar 18, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 18, 2019
  3. WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

What's new in Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview v10.1.847.0

The Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app is a designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. You can connect to remote Windows PCs or resources made available to you by your admin and be productive as if these resources were running locally.

Features
    • Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
    • Access remote resources published by your IT admin
    • Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
    • Rich multi-touch experience with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
    • Secure connection to your data and applications
    • Simple management of your connections from the connection center
    • High quality video and audio streaming
    • Connect from your phone or using Continuum for Phone

What's New in Version 847:
    • Added an extension to the on-screen keyboard with additional keys
    • Added the ability to pin desktops and remote resources to Start
    • Desktop connections are now available in the app's recent list
    • Bug fixes

Source and Download: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app - Windows Store

Brink, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

1. Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Remote

2. Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.: I had this issue before and tried to do a diagnostic. All the ports required are open and other users are able to connect. This device was able to connect for several months until now. Nothing seems to fix this issue other than a full wipe of the device which does not benefit...
  3. Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.: I had this issue before and tried to do a diagnostic. All the ports required are open and other users are able to connect. This device was able to connect for several months until now. Nothing seems to fix this issue other than a full wipe of the device which does not benefit...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  5. Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN: I am trying to log onto my work computer via remote desktop. I always use remote desktop at work to this computer because it doesnt have a montior. The computer is findable over the network and has remote desktop activated. But when I try to connect via remote desktop on my...
  6. Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN

Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN: I am trying to log onto my work computer via remote desktop. I always use remote desktop at work to this computer because it doesnt have a montior. The computer is findable over the network and has remote desktop activated. But when I try to connect via remote desktop on my...
  7. Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Remote Desktop through VPN

Remote Desktop through VPN: I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-through-vpn/f238f858-2e14-4c5f-a1d6-c5432901c0a8
  9. Can't connect to Remote Desktop over the internet while VPN is active

Can't connect to Remote Desktop over the internet while VPN is active: Hello. I have my personal computer in my home which I have to connect from my laptop at work, I setup it everything to be able to connect over the internet with Dynamic DNS and it works very good, the problem is when I connect to a VPN from my computer at home. The current...
  10. Can't connect to Remote Desktop over the internet while VPN is active

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't connect to Remote Desktop over the internet while VPN is active: Hello. I have my personal computer in my home which I have to connect from my laptop at work, I setup it everything to be able to connect over the internet with Dynamic DNS and it works very good, the problem is when I connect to a VPN from my computer at home. The current...